Alert for Parents of Pre-Teens

Orlasmom

We just returned from a family cruise to Alaska aboard Quantum OTS. It was truly wonderful with one exception that I think parents need to be aware of. The message function in the RC App is not usable for kids under 13! Both my 11 and 12 year old grandchildren were admitted to the teen group (“The Living Room”) so they were allowed to come and go as they pleased. They essentially could have the run of the ship until the 1AM curfew. Thankfully they are very sensible and well behaved kids, BUT they had no way to communicate with their parents or grandparents or visa versa. I asked Guest Services if there was some kind of work around and was told there was not, and they have had others raise similar concerns. Hopefully RC will make a change. BTW, We’ve been home for over a week and have yet to receive the famous post-cruise survey.

The age signup for the app is on the honor system and they do not check it. It is a workaround that we have used and will for another year when the youngest comes of age. We do not sign them is as one of us to keep in-app purchases away and does not display all of our account information.

As for the survey, we received ours for Quantum this past Monday while we were sitting in the airport waiting for our flight home. Unusual that you have not received it as we usually receive ours within hours of disembarkation. Might check your spam folder.

16 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

The workaround (other than buying an internet package) is to sign in as you on the app on a child's device and have them text as you. You have to keep checking it for messages, but it is a viable workaround. 

Yup, that's what I've done