Hair Dryer

Cruiser70

You can absolutely bring your own hair dryer, and hair straightener, and curling iron.

Food for thought, if your hair appliances are a Dyson product, they have a spotty history of not working at some times due to the electrical system on the ships and the digital circuitry in the appliances.

Adding to personal hair dryer being allowed on the cruise ships:

Be careful to what type of hair dryer you are bringing, our room attendant by policy had to confiscate our hair dryer (left on vanity desk while attendant was cleaning) because it was a "ceramic" style hair dryer which generates more heat and airflow which can be a fire hazard.

I completely understood after he explained the potential dangerous of our specific hair dryer and was able to get it back after the cruise. Great learning lesson to take into account the types of hair dryers/curling irons/etc.

• 4 months later...
On 8/24/2023 at 1:15 PM, VillainsGin said:

Adding to personal hair dryer being allowed on the cruise ships:

Be careful to what type of hair dryer you are bringing, our room attendant by policy had to confiscate our hair dryer (left on vanity desk while attendant was cleaning) because it was a "ceramic" style hair dryer which generates more heat and airflow which can be a fire hazard.

I completely understood after he explained the potential dangerous of our specific hair dryer and was able to get it back after the cruise. Great learning lesson to take into account the types of hair dryers/curling irons/etc.

How do you know if your hair dryer is ceramic or not?

3 hours ago, jlm said:

Going on AOS and noticed only 2 American outlets and 1 European.  If I bring a European adapter will I be able to plug my American hair dryer in it?

Thank you

No.  Not unless you have a dual voltage hair dryer, which is fairly uncommon.  

On 1/2/2024 at 10:28 AM, jlm said:

Going on AOS and noticed only 2 American outlets and 1 European.  If I bring a European adapter will I be able to plug my American hair dryer in it?

Thank you

As long as your adapter converts to the proper voltage, I don't see why not.   I use a European adapter on every cruise, and have no issues with using US standard devices/chargers/etc...  through the adapter.