Anthem of the Seas Interior Cabin

Chmusar

I do believe Anthem has virtual balconies for all of their interiors.  I played doing some mock bookings and saw nothing about interiors without the virtual balcony.  Che king around on the internet I found this

https://www.worldofcruising.co.uk/cruise-news/anthem-of-the-seas-rooms-royal-caribbean-cabins#:~:text=If you are on a,the Seas virtual balcony rooms.&text=These interior cabins vary in,on outside in real-time.

1 hour ago, Pattycruise said:

I do believe Anthem has virtual balconies for all of their interiors.  I played doing some mock bookings and saw nothing about interiors without the virtual balcony.  Che king around on the internet I found this

https://www.worldofcruising.co.uk/cruise-news/anthem-of-the-seas-rooms-royal-caribbean-cabins#:~:text=If you are on a,the Seas virtual balcony rooms.&text=These interior cabins vary in,on outside in real-time.

I just checked and it list regular interiors but when you go to book it only gives an option for VBs. So maybe all the interiors are VB, which is quite random and cool I guess. 

Is anyone able to offer a review of the virtual balcony rooms?  I've put my teens in a VB for an upcoming cruise on Anthem and they have only ever had a balcony room.  Are they going to hate it (i.e. complain the whole time?!)?  What is the view that is displayed on the VB monitor?  Is there also a TV in the room?  They are worried about that...thank you!  

2 hours ago, letscruise said:

Is anyone able to offer a review of the virtual balcony rooms?  I've put my teens in a VB for an upcoming cruise on Anthem and they have only ever had a balcony room.  Are they going to hate it (i.e. complain the whole time?!)?  What is the view that is displayed on the VB monitor?  Is there also a TV in the room?  They are worried about that...thank you!  

VBs are my favorite category of rooms. I sailed B2B in one on Navigator last Sept and fell in love with them. There will be a TV, plus the large screen. The view is pretty good, and I left my curtain open constantly. It was nice to wake up to calm waters and birds flying, that was my view. Now the large screen changes the room atmosphere, and some give off a slight noise. Also depending on the location, the room might feel a bit more cramped. It lacks the fresh air aspect you get with balconies, so take that into account. 

The screen for the balcony is in between the curtains. Aside from lacking an actual balcony space to sit on the cabin is the same.  I had a regular balcony on Anthem followed immediately the next week with the interior with a virtual balcony.  For the first 2days I’d walk over to pull the curtain more to see additional view like it was a real balcony.  The view is real, it’s from a camera on one side of the ship

10 hours ago, letscruise said:

Yes there is a separate "normal" cabin TV.   There are different configurations for the virtual balcony cabins.  Here is one I stayed in:

Anthem2-3.jpg.27e81a1f214580efe33b7d786830c4c2.jpg

Anthem2-4.jpg.afcf92ba45a86ff932f1f0e3a6ad892e.jpg

Anthem2-5.jpg.6a02b18d824168ca003dd0972e2cc345.jpg

The bathroom is identical to balcony cabins.

Anthem2-2.thumb.jpg.56888727d1710d0776cb22e492c7e27a.jpg

Anthem2-1.thumb.jpg.c1c7ca16fc74e68073f6b15c978ef46f.jpg

While at sea:

Anthem2-53.jpg.e7a0a82d5bbded1aa46bac8c8a274e5c.jpg

Anthem2-54.jpg.96521c424a30779f8c27c627b5fb519a.jpg

Approaching land.

Anthem2-182.thumb.jpg.7aff419becb08a3eedbc194dbde8b2f4.jpg

In summary an interior virtual balcony is better than an interior cabin but not equivalent to an actual balcony cabin.  You can tell if it is sunny or raining outside and if the ship in underway but beyond that it is nothing like having a real balcony where you can step outside and feel the outside.