Mariner MDR Lunch...

Ampurp85

16 minutes ago, brdjnr said:

we are boarding Mariner next weekend, I will be interested to hear about this. I thought about Jamie's for that meal, the MDR might be a better option if available.

We always do specialty restaurant on embarkation just because it's so much relaxing and quiet. It's worth the few extra bucks to me. 

17 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I began to do specialty dining on embarkation day after the restart but for some reason, Mariner doesn't have any restaurants listed for embarkation day in the planner. I can always do Playmakers but if there is a MDR lunch, I would try that. 

Oh wow, not even Chops? I will say if the MDR is doing an embarkation lunch that will be quiet and relaxing. I don't see that getting too, too busy to where it's not enjoyable. 

Liberty this October we are doing Chops, and Anthem in February we are Jamie's Italian for embarkation lunch. We did that last year on both Adventure and Oasis. 

The last time we sailed on Mariner they did offer a small menu (but really good !) in the MDR on embarkation day.  They said at the time that it was a “trial” but I have no idea how long they did it or if they are still offering it.  We really enjoyed it and wish they would offer it fleet-wide.

3 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Oh wow, not even Chops? I will say if the MDR is doing an embarkation lunch that will be quiet and relaxing. I don't see that getting too, too busy to where it's not enjoyable. 

Liberty this October we are doing Chops, and Anthem in February we are Jamie's Italian for embarkation lunch. We did that last year on both Adventure and Oasis. 

Yes, that is why I asked. Normally Jamie's is available and even though they changed the menu, I was going to book that. But it shows day 2 and 4 only on all of them, well the three specialty restaurants. 

I love a good lunch. I mostly get the UDP on longer sailings but on shorter one's I do the lunch. It's great to enjoy the meal and then the rooms are ready. 

• 1 month later...