New to Royal Caribbean

SPace

I am new to cruising on Royal Caribbean. My two prior cruises were on Disney Cruise Lines several years ago. My sisters and I are doing a 7 day eastern Caribbean cruise in January 2024 on Wonder of the Seas. I am so confused with how dining works on RC. Are any meals  or drinks included in the price we paid for the cruise? If so, which dining rooms or restaurants are included.  Do we have to buy dining and drink packages?  If I recall correctly, the price of meals and soft drinks was included in the price of the Disney Cruises.  I was surprised to see that if you don't buy a drink package, you have to pay for each soft drink individually.  

Welcome to the forums!

There are many dining options that are included with a Royal Caribbean sailing. 

The following restaurants are included on Wonder of the Seas:  Coastal Kitchen (if booked in a suite), El Loco Fresh, Park Cafe, Solarium Bistro, Sorrento's Pizza and Windjammer (buffet), 

You can always explore your options on the Royal Caribbean App.  Click on "dining" and all restaurants on the ship will be listed.  Those with a ($) have a charge.  Anything without that will be included in your fare.    Water, tea, basic coffee, juices (not freshly squeezed), and lemonade are included with meals.  Soft drinks are either a la carte or included in a drink package.  I wouldn't pay double or triple the fare I'd have to in order to sail with Disney just to avoid paying for soft drinks.

Have a wonderful time!

7 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

The following restaurants are included on Wonder of the Seas:  Coastal Kitchen (if booked in a suite), El Loco Fresh, Park Cafe, Solarium Bistro, Sorrento's Pizza and Windjammer (buffet),

Also Cafe Promenade and the Dog House... although as someone whop eats an awful lot of included food, those are usually at the bottom of my list other than grabbing cookies/pastries at Cafe Promenade.

8 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Welcome to the forums!

There are many dining options that are included with a Royal Caribbean sailing. 

You can always explore your options on the Royal Caribbean App.  Click on "dining" and all restaurants on the ship will be listed.  Those with a ($) have a charge.  Anything without that will be included in your fare.    Water, tea, basic coffee, juices (not freshly squeezed), and lemonade are included with meals.  Soft drinks are either a la carte or included in a drink package.  I wouldn't pay double or triple the fare I'd have to in order to sail with Disney just to avoid paying for soft drinks.

Have a wonderful time!

You missed the MDR😉

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Also Cafe Promenade and the Dog House... although as someone whop eats an awful lot of included food, those are usually at the bottom of my list other than grabbing cookies/pastries at Cafe Promenade.

I didn't see those listed on Wonder, but yes, those are options on some ships.

1 minute ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I didn't see those listed on Wonder, but yes, those are options on some ships.

They're on Wonder, I promise.

2 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:
3 hours ago, barjpoe said:

You missed the MDR😉

Ha, I had it and rewrote my post then missed it.

Or perhaps a Freudian slip? 🤔

19 hours ago, SPace said:

I was surprised to see that if you don't buy a drink package, you have to pay for each soft drink individually.  

Welcome.  Others have covered most of your question, but I thought I'd comment on this line.  It is actually Disney that is unusual for including soda as a standard drink.  All other major cruise lines require you to purchase soda (whether by the can, the glass, or as a package).  I wish Royal and others followed Disney's lead on this but soda is incredibly profitable so I doubt they will change.