Refreshment Drink Package Question

I believe you could order a mocktail and it would be included on your package, then take your drink and visit a different bar or bartender and pay full price for a shot or two of the liquor of your choosing to add in. That way you’d only be “paying the difference” while working around their refreshment package limitations.

Not sure if this is considered “cheating Royal” and will be frowned upon here but I don’t thiiiink so? You paid for all the self-assembled parts of your drink! 

6 hours ago, DDaley said:

I believe you could order a mocktail and it would be included on your package, then take your drink and visit a different bar or bartender and pay full price for a shot or two of the liquor of your choosing to add in. That way you’d only be “paying the difference” while working around their refreshment package limitations.

Not sure if this is considered “cheating Royal” and will be frowned upon here but I don’t thiiiink so? You paid for all the self-assembled parts of your drink! 

Thanks for the tip. Going to try it out.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this comment isn’t in the right thread…searched and this seemed the closest fit.

I just wanted to pass along an experience that we had this week on Wonder.  I often read questions that some cruisers have regarding drink prices in excess of the D/D+/P drink vouchers.  The value of the vouchers has/had been $14 for some time, then recently I’ve read responses indicating that the voucher value had increased to $15….so the customer would only be charged if the drink was on excess of $15.

This week Dan and I ordered a couple of glasses of wine with a listed price tag of $15/glass and were both charged $1.18 each for the wine.  I’m not complaining.  It is a drinkable wine and worth $1.18 to be sure.  But I was surprised b/c I thought that the voucher value was $15 and apparently, at least on Wonder, it is still $14.