Check-in not working

Marga

Hi,

Last night was supposed to be the opening of the check-in for my cruise in September. 

I was able to put in my passport information etc. but not able to select a check-in time. 

Both the website and the app keep saying "We're not quite ready for you. Check back closer to your cruise to select an arrival time and complete check-in."

What can cause this, and should I just keep refreshing the page, or will this be a longer wait?

36 minutes ago, Colombia20102018 said:

This message means that the check in is not open yet for your cruise. Usually it opens 45 days before sailing but not always.

They were able to enter passport info. Can’t do that if check-in hasn’t opened.

Sounds like yet another IT glitch.

To the OP, just keep checking. Usually you’d want to just grab your arrival time via the app & then do the rest later via either method. Putting in passport info is only something you’d generally do first if using the website b/c it doesn’t let you grab your arrival time without other info like the app.

13 minutes ago, Maggie M said:

I can't remember - can you check-in (IE: Get the arrival time/boarding window) WITHOUT putting in your passport and credit card information for everyone in the party, or do you have to complete ALL those steps in order to secure a boarding time?

In the app (not the website), when working normally, you can grab arrival times and do nothing else until much later. The website asks for the other info.

When we sail as an extended family, my SIL and I are usually up at midnight grabbing the earliest arrival time for the family and then each part of the family enters their own info whenever.

I checked in for my cruise on Wonder last week. The check-in date was set for the 20th but about 2 weeks before the check-in date I noticed that it started going back and forth between the 19th and 20th. When I looked on 18th it was showing the 19th as the check-in date but got a "check-in closed message when trying to check-in on 19th. Was able to check in without issue on 20th.

That has happened to us before and we were able to check in a week to two weeks later. I checked on and off but was a member of a Facebook group and was alerted it was up and ready through one of those members. Was still able to snag the first boarding time. Also check in time, if you’re checking in at midnight will be midnight of the time zone where the ship is sailing.

7 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

In the app (not the website), when working normally, you can grab arrival times and do nothing else until much later. The website asks for the other info.

When we sail as an extended family, my SIL and I are usually up at midnight grabbing the earliest arrival time for the family and then each part of the family enters their own info whenever.

Great, thanks so much! We'll plan on using the app then to get the early spots on our next cruise!