Vegetarian options on the Wonder

We're pescatarian, although I don't eat shellfish and my oldest is completely vegetarian - and we don't like mushrooms. We had the new menus on Allure in April and managed to find enough vegetarian options to make dinners enjoyable, although we sometimes got two appetizers (one as a main course) and my teen ordered the vegetarian Indian one of the nights. We always went into the MDR thinking that the most important part of the dinner was family time and we'd eat what we could/liked and find supplemental food later if we were still hungry. It worked out fine. I came away from the experience feeling like the new menus were decent, and I hear more complaining about the quality of the food from people who are eating the meat options, so it may have even worked out better. 

We went on Oasis in June with 3/4 vegetarian. MDR was fine for us with a few mix ins from the kids menu (Mac and cheese, spaghetti marinara, grilled cheese) alongside the one vegan option. There was often something vegetarian but not vegan as well and there is a vegetarian Indian dish not explicitly listed in the app each night. 

Windjammer was easy as was the Solarium bistro. Usually Several options and a veggie burger if you asked. 

i wouldn’t say it was an abundance of choice but there was always something to eat. 

Thank you for your comments. We are sailing next summer. A lot can change. We are a family of 7. 2 are vegans and 2 are vegetarians. We will go with the flow and be prepared with supplements if it is a disaster. We will talk to guest relations in advance and the head waiter on the 1st day. I still do not understand why they can’t label the food in the Windjammer as being Vegan and Vegetarian. They label gluten free. 

2 hours ago, SteelersNationVA said:

I still do not understand why they can’t label the food in the Windjammer as being Vegan and Vegetarian. They label gluten free. 

What they really should do is have a QR code on each sign which would show you the ingredients and allergens. That way they could cover all bases without running out of real estate.

35 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

What they really should do is have a QR code on each sign which would show you the ingredients and allergens. That way they could cover all bases without running out of real estate.

Great idea. I messaged RC customer service. Maybe they will do it. They already have the recipes in a database. 

I sailed on Liberty June 20 and the waiters were less than helpful when I would ask if something was vegetarian.  "I don't know, the description seems like it."  It was pretty disappointing (the waiters were much less helpful in this regard than the past few cruises on Royal, and leaps and bounds below Disney standards), but definitely helped me keep my eating in check😜.  I just stuck with the vegan options that were clearly marked on the menu.

20 minutes ago, sleepy425 said:

I sailed on Liberty June 20 and the waiters were less than helpful when I would ask if something was vegetarian.  "I don't know, the description seems like it."  It was pretty disappointing (the waiters were much less helpful in this regard than the past few cruises on Royal, and leaps and bounds below Disney standards), but definitely helped me keep my eating in check😜.  I just stuck with the vegan options that were clearly marked on the menu.

Did you talk to the head waiter?

1 hour ago, SteelersNationVA said:

Did you talk to the head waiter?

Only time I saw one was the first night as soon as we sat ("remember to only give tens!"), but we switched tables the other nights (we were originally with another family but preferred to be alone).  The second set of waiters were barely even around.  I'm assuming they had too many tables, because they were the least attentive waiters we've had in any of our cruises.  So I didn't push it after I asked a couple times about items.

At breakfast I ran into one of our amazing waiters from our November cruise, I wish we could have been switched into his section for dinner.  He was amazing in November, bent over backwards for my mother's food allergies and made sure the head waiter was always stopping by to check on her.  And when he saw I wasn't impressed by a vegan meal that was brought out, he always made sure to bring me another option.