Dyson hair dryer

Anything with a heating element will not be allowed to be brought onboard. Curling irons and hair straighteners are the only exceptions per their policy. There will be a hair dryer in your cabin. If others got one on board, then they went undetected by security. 

You can take your hair dryer and a curling iron on your trip. They do have a hair dryer in each cabin but if you want to use your particular brand, you can take it. My wife used to take her's but now uses the one in the cabin to save space in the suitcase.

i will also add that i've taken a hairdryer aboard many times (no issues, not even remotely flagged) but it did feel like the overall power of the dryer was throttled somehow. (it was a full size drybar buttercup, if anyone is wondering 😂)

to be fair, i only blow out my hair maybe once or twice on a cruise and prefer to air dry because it's just such a process. but the dyson is one i'd toss in that 'powerful' category, so don't be surprised if it's not as strong as it as with an outlet at home.

if i am going to blowdry nowadays, i bring the revlon dry brush, let my hair airdry at least 65% of the way and then go in with it. it's not as strong as some of my other blowdryers (i swear i don't have like an army of them 😂) but it handles itself fine with the power output.

My wife takes her Dyson on every cruise. There is absolutely no issue at all provided you carry it on and run it through security. We only made the mistake once of packing the Dyson in a suitcase and it was flagged by security. We had to go down to the security office on the ship and open the suitcase for them to check it.