The Key

2 hours ago, Vincent Tayloe said:

Has any one used the THE KEY

I have and I have it booked for our upcoming cruise.  You will find varying opinions on its worth, I personally find value in it.  I like the priority embarkation, reserved seating and I do take advantage of the time blocked off for certain activities.  I am purchasing internet to begin with so if the Key is on sale I can usually get it for around 7-8 dollars per day more than the internet package.  That makes it worth it for us. 

The Key is a YMMV type service.  Both times we have used it, there were boarding (first time) issues and embarkation (second time) issues.  I feel that some of the staff don't even understand The Key benefits and thus we were wrongly directed to non-Key embarkation and debarkation lines and ended up waiting like everyone else.

If you are planning on getting Internet access, AND if you can get The Key where it is priced close to the internet package most will say to grab it.  Otherwise, the benefits are minimal in my opinion.

RCL keeps tweaking (re: taking benefits away) and The Key advantages are becoming less and less.

I've run with it several times purchased at or near internet alone prices. I have yet to have a glitch with it and have made the most out of the benefits each time.  I don't feel the need for full on suite type pampering but I enjoy walking past long lines and treated a little bit special. Fiancé is very much the fan of it as well.  I should have reached Diamond status by now but C+A lost 14 years and 40 points apparently permanently as we never were able to locate most of the missing stuff. The key makes me feel better than how C+A treated me. I have been "Gold" twice, "Platinum" twice and will soon be "Emerald" for the second time. Til I reach "Diamond or above" I'll at least have the key to make me feel a little more than 3rd class steerage ballast...  😄