RC Points Question when one person does not show up in a 2 person booked balcony on Allure

I booked a balcony for my adult daughter and her fiancé for a cruise this Sunday.  He can no longer go.  My question is will she get double points since she will now be alone in her cabin and the only one going on Allure of the Seas?  I'm thinking so but don't really know so thought I'd ask the experts.  Thank you in advance. 

24 minutes ago, Ryan79 said:

You only get points for the number of nights YOU sail. Her fiancé is 100% irrelevant for points she would accrue. She would only get double points for staying in a suite

This is wrong. If she sailed solo in any cabin other than a solo cabin she would get double points. 

However, whether she would get solo points now that she is alone in her cabin is a ymmv. Since she didn't book as a solo, she is not guaranteed the extra points, but it could happen. 

Recently Royal introduced verbiage that indicates you will get points based on what you booked as opposed to what you sail.  If booked with a 2nd guest then single points would be expected.  

In practice there are reports of people still getting double points with a no-show cabin mate and there are reports where folks reported single points.  When appealed they were turned down.  

YMMV 🤷‍♂️

42 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

This is wrong. If she sailed solo in any cabin other than a solo cabin she would get double points. 

However, whether she would get solo points now that she is alone in her cabin is a ymmv. Since she didn't book as a solo, she is not guaranteed the extra points, but it could happen. 

That was 100% correct as of the beginning of 2023. I sure didn’t get double points last time this same scenario happened to be just 3 months ago. I only got credited 7 nights, not 14 for the no-show.  Has this changed in the last few months?

Lately, I've only gotten double points if I booked the room as a solo from the start. 

Pre-pandemic, they would give you double points if you booked 2 people and only 1 showed up.  Since covid, it's been hit or miss if they gave me double points, but last few have all been solo points

9 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

That was 100% correct as of the beginning of 2023. I sure didn’t get double points last time this same scenario happened to be just 3 months ago. I only got credited 7 nights, not 14 for the no-show.  Has this changed in the last few months?

No, you said they only get double points booked in a suite. I replied if they had booked any room as a solo, they would get the extra points. I also said YMMV if because of the no-show, on whether they got double points. I mostly sail solo, and it doesn't matter what room I book, I get the extra points. 

I think I've seen in writing (though can't remember where specifically in the T&C at the moment) that the room has to be booked as a solo from the beginning now to get the extra point per night. Something about if the second passenger cancels they can still make an insurance claim, etc. so the passenger is still "booked" for that reason in Royal's system.

I just got off of a sailing that I booked solo but only got 1 point per night (I think something got messed up when it was booked, as my OBC for vaious sources - shareholder, Nextcruise, etc. - kept dropping off before the cruise and my TA had to do a lot of work to resolve that), but C&A was able to get me the extra point since they could see it was booked as a solo from the start. 

15 hours ago, Hoppy2BHere said:

I would call customer service and see if they can change it. Never know if you may get the right person that will do it..doesn’t cost anything to ask…

But it will cost to change. If the person wants to go solo, they will have to book it at prevailing rates.