I've crossed to the dark side. Help!!!!

OK, a follow-up to my other posting.

We bought the dinning package just now for May 21st Wonder.

However, it was sold out. Then an hour ago it became available for 1 passenger at 530 or two passengers at 9pm. It would not let us book 9pm because it conflicts with our show times. (Just as well). So we bought it for one of us at the 530pm time, then proceeded to call to get help booking the other. My argument being if only one of the 2 of us is booked, your still gonna use a table for two. So why not let us add the other. Hour and half later, the "resolution" folks said. Keep the one pax bought online at 530pm and go directly to guests services when we board and they guarantee the other will be sold the package. Again, if just one of us goes, they still use a table for 2, so why not take our money for the 2nd pax right? Only thing they can't guarantee is the price. We just got for one at $225 plus the 18%. It was $260 all along lately. So the 2nd booking on board might be more. 

Now. I said I would never do this. It always felt like too much food. But just too concerned about quality. And really don't want to come home with any bad memories. So..........

How the hell does the Damm thing work? LOL.

I know we have to bee line to Guest Services to buy it for 2nd pax. I know the time will be 530pm. But after that we go to any restaurant and pick which ones we want on which nights at 530??

Do we do the week all in that one shot?

Can we pick any one place for multiple visits?

And the $20 credit. That's per day? Per passenger? So $40 for 2 at playmakers?

Where else can we use the $20? Again, each right?

Does anyplace have a (real) dress code. Only planning one pair long pants and short sleeve button down or pole shirts. Everything else is shorts and tees. Again, only 2 weeks to go. All this is real last minute.

Not planning on sushi. Just not into it.

Please feel free to fill in the blanks.

It's an entire world to research now. Off to look at menu's. LOL. HELP!!!!!!!!

You're just booking that first or second night reservation when you buy UDP from the CP.  You can change that onboard.  I think I would really try to get the second package before you board so when you do board you can secure your reservations for the rest of the week.  It will also almost certainly cost more when you board.  You aren't locked in to 5:30 for each night.

You can visit places multiple times throughout the week and places that aren't the $20 stipend even twice in the same day.  The $20 is per person.  You can only visit a $20 restaurant once per day.  It's essentially a credit toward the bill so yes, $40 for the two of you.

Yes, book all your reservations for dinner (and lunch if you want) for the week as quickly as you can to have the most selection of times available.

Dress code wise, you will be fine in long pants and short sleeve button down or pole shirts.  Shorts will be frowned upon at dinner, but they are also not technically allowed in the MDR for dinner either.  I don't think you would be turned away.

Should be enough variety on Wonder. I like a 3-night package because we actually enjoy the MDR and haven't hit any landmine experience like the recent Symphony TA.

It's a ton of food, but you'll like it.  Don't sleep on The Mason Jar!

Not sure what show you're bumping into at the 9 PM slot, but if it's not an Aqua show, I would ditch that res and secure the second package.  Remember, you can change even that first/second night slot once onboard.  Stand by lines for shows almost always result in entry.

It is the Aqua show. LOL. Everyone recommended booking it early on incase it has to be rescheduled. 

We tried for over an hour on the phone but they would not sell us the second package. If the times really aren't relevant in the end, I guess they could have sold us the second pax at the 9pm they had. But they said because of the show reservation, they couldn't override for the Dining package sale anymore then we could. It kept coming up as a conflict and would not alow anyone to proceed. The Dining package was sold out, and then at 7pm tonight one 530pm opened and at least two 9pm slots. Now again at 3am listed as sold out. I plan on checking multiple times a day. They guarantee guest services will sell us the second package when we board. I couldn't get them to guarantee the same price though. We have 11am arrival time. I know the clock starts ticking to get reservations made. Hoping we can get guests services to sell the 2nd package as fast as possible to move on to making reservations. Have no idea how bad the line at guest services will be that early???

Yeah the folks on the phones hands are tied just like yours.  I wish they would just allow you to forgo the night 1 or 2 courtesy reservation because it does block out more time than you need.  I would hold your Aqua Show res.

I think your move is this.  Get onboard and go make the reservations first for the times/places you prefer.  Like you say above, they will have to give you a table for 2 anyway.  Then after that brave Guest Services, get the second package and then have the second added to the reservations (I think you'll need to visit a restaurant again for this if they can't do that at GS).  Actually, now that I think of it, you can probably make the reservations for both of you right away as by the time you show up to dine he will also have UDP and the bill will reflect that.

41 minutes ago, Xaa said:

Actually, now that I think of it, you can probably make the reservations for both of you right away as by the time you show up to dine he will also have UDP and the bill will reflect that.

That might get the reservation thing out of the way faster. Shouldn't matter should it if your making a unlimited Dining package reservation for 1 for a table of 2? Right? If the 2nd person went with no package they would be priced off menu but still eating and sitting together?

Question. In general is the Unlimited Dining package usually like the drinks package. If one in cabin buys it, all must buy it? That could play into reservations first, 2nd package purchase second. Maybe? LOL. 

The $20 a day, once a day. If one uses their $20 toward the bill, can you go back a second time that day if the other then wants to use their $20. Like lunch on one $20, late night snack or dessert on the other $20?

Thanks for the advice. It is very much appreciated. 

Right, anyone can reserve with or without a package so you should be good and can get that part out of the way during the rush.  UDP is not like DXB.  It can be done individually (as you already see).

The $20 is per person.  Your packages are separate of one another.  You'll probably find in practice that once is going to be enough.  You'll not be hungry by any stretch.  I can think of some use cases, like Playmakers where you might want twice if that turns out to be a place you hang out both early and late.

Don't sleep on Brunch at the Mason Jar.

20 minutes ago, Xaa said:

Right, anyone can reserve with or without a package so you should be good and can get that part out of the way during the rush.  UDP is not like DXB.  It can be done individually (as you already see).

The $20 is per person.  Your packages are separate of one another.  You'll probably find in practice that once is going to be enough.  You'll not be hungry by any stretch.  I can think of some use cases, like Playmakers where you might want twice if that turns out to be a place you hang out both early and late.

Don't sleep on Brunch at the Mason Jar.

All sounds like a plan. We will the reservations first, guest services 2nd. Again, Thanks. 

I know @Xaa answer most of your question but as a person who normally goes solo and pretty much gets the UDP all the time I will share a few things. I have it booked on most of my sailings including a Jan 2024 Wonder sailing that had the same glitch you have experienced. 

The $20 credit is per day, per person per venue. So, you could do JR for lunch and then Playmakers for a snack while having Izumi ($35 credit) as your actual dinner. On Oasis in Jan they kept a log of cabins with the UDP, and they would check you off to make sure you only visit that venue once per day.

They will place you at a table for two. But I would definitely try to get the other package asap, when it is sold out, I have never seen it offered onboard. 

It can be a lot of food but on a 7N cruise, and a ship like Wonder, you will have a lot of options and enjoy the respite of a much calmer dining experience. 

I normally like to dine at 8:15 or later so I have never had an issue getting a reservation, if you are set on 6-ish to 7:30 be prepared to make some hard choices.