First Night Done Right

KLA

Hello Cruise Friends, 

I have a question regarding the First Night Done Right deal on Allure of the Seas. It is my understanding that with this deal for $15, you will be randomly assigned a specialty dining restaurant once you board. If you don't like the assignment, you can choose to move to another restaurant once you are on board. 

Now, I am on a B2B coming up in a few months and we booked that deal for night 1 of each leg, and pretty deliberately want to use it for Chops on leg one and 150 Central Park on leg two. My question is, how difficult is it to change your reservation once you're on board/what is the correct process of doing so? Is it still just $15 to dine even though you changed the restaurant? We can be pretty flexible on time outside of the fact that we'd like a table for two. 

Thanks all! 

15 minutes ago, Floski said:

I hadn't heard of this before!

Do you know if they do it on Oasis???

d

Really no idea! Allure will be my first time on any Oasis class ship (after 7 cruises in 2 years).

55 minutes ago, klaconqueso said:

My question is, how difficult is it to change your reservation once you're on board/what is the correct process of doing so? Is it still just $15 to dine even though you changed the restaurant? We can be pretty flexible on time outside of the fact that we'd like a table for two. 

Yes, you can change it to any participating restaurant (As an example, Chef's Table isn't valid for it) and the price remains the same.

I think the key is understanding two things:

1. You may need to be flexible with times (might not be able to get 6pm, but 8pm will be available).
  2. You need to make the change as early as you can once onboard.

If you are dead-set on eating at Chops Grille at 6:30pm and anything else will be a disappointment to you, then skip the package. If you are okay with eating at Chops at some point, or Giovannis as a back up, then it's good to get.

45 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yes, you can change it to any participating restaurant (As an example, Chef's Table isn't valid for it) and the price remains the same.

I think the key is understanding two things:

1. You may need to be flexible with times (might not be able to get 6pm, but 8pm will be available).
  2. You need to make the change as early as you can once onboard.

If you are dead-set on eating at Chops Grille at 6:30pm and anything else will be a disappointment to you, then skip the package. If you are okay with eating at Chops at some point, or Giovannis as a back up, then it's good to get.

So, if we are dead set on eating at Chops (or, at least really excited about it .. this might be more relevant with 150 Central Park) but flexible on time, we're mostly okay yet?

I think we may be in better shape for 150 Central Park since we essentially really will be the first people on board the second week... because we aren't leaving.

2 hours ago, klaconqueso said:

So, if we are dead set on eating at Chops (or, at least really excited about it .. this might be more relevant with 150 Central Park) but flexible on time, we're mostly okay yet?

Yes, I wouldn't be too worried, and the cost savings is tremendous.

Also keep in mind that a vast majority of people on your ship do next to no advanced planning.

White going to be on the ship earlier than you?  You're on a B2B. Try for your choice on the first night, and then on the last night of your first cruise go to the restaurant you're interested in and see if they'll make the change for you on the next sailing. 

18 hours ago, jce2 said:

O.K. so where do I go to make the change?  Our first cruise and wasnt planning on any specialty diinners but for half price?  Sure!

Once onboard, go to Guest Services or any specialty restaurant. They can make the change for you.

On 6/4/2017 at 9:35 AM, Matt said:

Once onboard, go to Guest Services or any specialty restaurant. They can make the change for you.

When we went on Allure in January, there was a podium where the hospitality hostess stands and she is the one who made our reservations for our 4 night package.  We were set up by Royal for Samba the first night and we wanted Chops, so she made those arrangements as well as all others for the week.  She is located right next to guest services.  We will be doing the same again for our next cruise on Allure.