Oasis of the Seas Jan 21 2024 sailing chartered?

Good evening everyone! I recently booked Oasis of the Seas for a Jan 21 2024 cruise. However I am now seeing grumbling online that sailing may have been chartered out. Did some further digging and it seems like Atlantis charters is advertising a cruise for that date but it also seems the date is still available to book on the RC website.  Assuming this sailing has been completely chartered out, what typically happens if your sailing has to be canceled by Royal Caribbean for this reason? 

• SpeedNoodles changed the title to Oasis of the Seas Jan 21 2024 sailing chartered?

I've had this happen a few times.  There is typically an offer of alternate dates or the ability to cancel for a full refund.  Sometimes a token amount of OBC is offered if you agree to move to another date.  Sometimes they will offer to protect your cruise fare price.  

It rarely works for me to accept their limited choices of alternate sailings.  I typically end up taking the full refund.  

I had a January cruise cancelled for the same group in 2021.  It was a Star Class booking.  That makes it harder to find alternate dates because Star Class cabins can book out quickly due to limited numbers of them.  It can be easier to find alternate dates if you are booked in a more common cabin such as a balcony.  

10 hours ago, PeachyKeane89 said:

Atlantis charters is advertising a cruise for that date

This is the reason I no longer book an Oasis class ship in January.  This group generally books an O class ship every Jan.  I was on the same cruise that @twangstermentioned above in Jan 21.  Since you never know which ship or which date in Jan, I just avoid anything on O class in Jan.  I suspect it would be safe to book out of Canaveral - that group seems to prefer Miami - but I have minimal confidence.

• 3 weeks later...

All of my clients just got an email from Royal stating that their cruise has been cancelled due to it being chartered.  I would of thought that Royal Caribbean would of contacted the travel agents who had groups booked on this cruise before contacting each guest separately. Now, I've been on the phone with Royal for over an hour trying to get everyone switched to a new date. I'm so frustrated.

They still not have not publicly admitted anything regarding the six weeks or so of sailings that will almost certainly be canceled on Freedom of the Seas in late November through mid December that is being discussed on another thread. It will be a major s*** hitting the fan operation when they do announce it. I wish they would just admit it so those of us who have already figured out what's about to happen can get things sorted before everything goes crazy. They are still telling my travel agent that it is just them cleaning up some computer issues for the reason why 6 weeks of that Voyage is disappearing from all of the search engines never mind the fact that the ship has apparently been reported scheduled through Madeira on its way to Europe at that time, can you say early Dry Dock anyone?... GRRRR, ARGHHH!

Gutted as this sailing was to be B2B and our first at Diamond level!! We will find an alternative solution by either adding the 4th Feb onto the 28th Jan booking or even swapping to another ship around the same time and hope to move flights! 

It did get me thinking though about chartering an Oasis class and what that would cost! Found this https://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/discover/ship-charters/

I guess for a very large organisation it could be a pretty cool staff scheme!

22 hours ago, WhoCruiser said:

They still not have not publicly admitted anything regarding the six weeks or so of sailings that will almost certainly be canceled on Liberty of the Seas in late November through mid December that is being discussed on another thread. It will be a major s*** hitting the fan operation when they do announce it. I wish they would just admit it so those of us who have already figured out what's about to happen can get things sorted before everything goes crazy. They are still telling my travel agent that it is just them cleaning up some computer issues for the reason why 6 weeks of that Voyage is disappearing from all of the search engines never mind the fact that the ship has apparently been reported scheduled through Madeira on its way to Europe at that time, can you say early Dry Dock anyone?... GRRRR, ARGHHH!

You mean Freedom OTS not Liberty...right?