Would this be considered to be a prohibited item?

I have an odd question and was wondering if anyone knows the answer to via their own experience. Can I bring a pair of metal spike baseball cleats onboard? Not to wear of course, just packed in my bag. 

We are on Oasis next week and travelling from Canada down to Florida a few days in advance of departure. I would like to buy a new pair of cleats while I am there before I cruise (the selection is just WAY better down there compared to Canada). 

Cleats are not sharp like a weapon or anything like that, however I  would prefer to not get flagged for bringing a prohibited item onboard. I have looked any can't find anything specific that would restrict them, but thought I would ask in the event that anyone knew 

Thanks. 

If I were you, I'd buy the spikes I really wanted in the States and keep them in the box with the wrapping and the bag and the receipt and all that. I would also buy a Cubs hat and put that in the bag.

That way when you go through security they may get their Spidey senses tingling looking at the X-ray machine monitor. But when they discover the Cubs hat, they will say "Another Cub fan! This fool's life sucks and it's only going to get worse...just let him go. The Cubs lost more games than they won last year and haven't done a damn thing in the offseason......even I know this and I live in Indonesia."

Once onboard, clip the tags and throw out the box. Maybe you'll get around paying the VAT when you go back home?

1 hour ago, mac66 said:

Where do people come up with this stuff?  If it's not listed as prohibited it's not.

To be fair "Sports Gear" is fairly vague. I've seen language in the past that most sports equipment can be brought on board but has to be kept in the stateroom.

13 hours ago, Wheeler825 said:

I doubt it would be a problem, but might I suggest just mailing them home before goin on the boat?

I agree, it would probably be easier to mail them home so you don't have to deal with anything on the cruise or possibly the airport on the way back.  Plus it's one less thing to lug around on embarkation day. 🙂 

When we did our Alaska cruise from Seattle, I bought each of my nieces a Starbucks mug from the original Starbucks and I shipped those things back home to make life easier 🙂 They were heavy and I wasn't going to deal with it and the chance of breakage. 

Breakage is probably not an issue with cleats 🙂 

5 hours ago, bobroo said:

If I were you, I'd buy the spikes I really wanted in the States and keep them in the box with the wrapping and the bag and the receipt and all that. I would also buy a Cubs hat and put that in the bag.

That way when you go through security they may get their Spidey senses tingling looking at the X-ray machine monitor. But when they discover the Cubs hat, they will say "Another Cub fan! This fool's life sucks and it's only going to get worse...just let him go. The Cubs lost more games than they won last year and haven't done a damn thing in the offseason......even I know this and I live in Indonesia."

Once onboard, clip the tags and throw out the box. Maybe you'll get around paying the VAT when you go back home?

This had me laughing likely way more than it should have!  Well played.  I have had the pleasure of watching a game at Wrigley, without the baggage of being a Cub fan. Truly a great experience. 

35 minutes ago, hurls15 said:

I am going to do the browsing and shopping in advance of the cruise, and then go back and make the actual purchase on the way back to FLL after the cruise.

If you find them on sale, you may want to ask the store if they will still be on sale when you get back.  This is something I did once.  I found out that if I wait a week, there will be a better sale.  You never know.