MDR Tips For Quiet(er) Dining

HugoBoss344

Does anyone have tips on when to go and where to sit in the MDR on specific ships or all the ships in general so that one could avoid the part of the dinner when the music starts playing and the napkins start twirling and the conga lines start going?

We, in the past, have done specialty dining or Windjammer for dinner and would like to give MDR another chance but the one time we went, the party and napkin twirling weren't our style.

54 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

Yes, that's a last-night thing.

Ah ok.  Now granted I've only been on two RC (2019 and 2022) and one Carnival (1994!!!!!!).  We did not do MDR in 2022 but we did in 2019 and I'm sure it was one of later nights in the cruise that the napkins were going, but not the last one because we went to a specialty restaurant on our last night. I know a lot has changed since 2019.  

1994 was in the 4th grade and I seem to remember conga nights every night but everything seems over the top when you're a 4th grader.

For context: we are trying to save a bit of money by maybe only doing the 3-night dining package along with the MDR and could simply avoid MDR last night in that case.  However, the unlimited dining is really such a deal and it's just two of us so we are very flexible on dining times, plus you get a deal on bottles of wines which gives us a reason to not get the unlimited booze package. 

Well, for now we will just avoid the last night in MDR or dine at 6:45!