Drink Packages Independence of the Seas

Hubby and I are heading out on our first Caribbean cruise on the Independence of the Seas this winter.  We are contemplating the deluxe drink package.  The question I have is, are there bars/restaurants on board where it isn't valid?  I know meals in some of the specialty restaurants aren't included. Thanks in advance!

I've never seen anyone "Cut off" from being served, but on one cruise, I saw a bartender tell a guy that he needed to go get something to eat, it was a sea day and the day they had hamburgers and hotdogs on the pool deck, this guy had literally been at the bar all day, never moved, drink after drink, when the bartender saw him eat something he served him again.

I would not have wanted to be in his shoes in the morning when he woke up...

11 hours ago, rjac said:

I think a "bar hop" will end up as a "bar crawl".:27_sunglasses:

38 minutes ago, klaconqueso said:

As my favorite bartender once told me on board, "Hey! You're not driving!" as he poured me another drink. :) 

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Until you have kids, that rationale totally makes sense.

Love it! You guys are funny! Hubby and I have been on 2 river cruises in Europe and just booked our third for next spring! A big difference going to an ocean cruise! ?  We always get the drink package on the river cruises and they are definitely worth it! Since the "baby" graduates high school in a couple of weeks, we are free to travel and drink the night away should we choose and have been LOVING it!   

27 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

I've never seen anyone "Cut off" from being served, but on one cruise, I saw a bartender tell a guy that he needed to go get something to eat, it was a sea day and the day they had hamburgers and hotdogs on the pool deck, this guy had literally been at the bar all day, never moved, drink after drink, when the bartender saw him eat something he served him again.

I would not have wanted to be in his shoes in the morning when he woke up...

I'm pretty sure this situation is exactly why Sorrento's exists.