Sorrento's pizza… any changes recently?

Marc

We were on a B2B cruise during the latter part of December on Anthem of the Seas. One of the things my husband and I look forward to on every cruise is Sorrento's pizza since they changed their recipe several years ago. This time we were completely turned off. The crust they were using had a very different taste and I just didn't care for it at all.

We last cruised in March on Symphony of the Seas, and it seemed fine to us then. So, I don't know whether Anthem of the Seas had an "off" batch or whether Royal Caribbean made some sort of change recently. I'm going to be on Independence of the Seas next month, and I'm trying to guess what it might be like there/then. 

Anyone have thoughts about Sorrento's pizza over the past year?

It's comfort food.  And it's convenient.  Although I wont compare it to my pizza joints at home, it's still tolerable considering the mission it's supposed to perform.  Often I get the little finger sandwiches while my Wife gets the pizza.  At midnight, it does the job.😊

I have sensed no changes in their product.

It really does seem to vary a bit by ship.  My first two cruises were on the Liberty and it was...meh. Fine for easy fuel and a place to sit while we ate.  The last couple of times we ate it were on the Odyssey and the Quantum, and the pizza was pretty darn good for a quick serve slice or 4.... 🙂 In between we had it on the Oasis, Allure, Brilliance, Anthem, and Explorer and it was fine, but not as good as the Quantum or Odyssey.  I'll pay attention this year on the Harmony and Adventure and see what's up!

12 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

The pizza on Wonder was fine as usual. The only thing I noticed was the lack of variety. They only had cheese, pepperoni, and some sort of vegetable pizza every time we stopped by or a slice (or two or three!). On Oasis and Odyssey, they offered other specialty slices (chicken, etc.).

Well, I guess the ship name is right because I have to wonder why they wouldn't at least try to present a more premium experience than that on one of the newest cruise ships in the world.

I definitely think it has changed. I ate at the Sorento's on Allure in 2021 every other night and on my 2019 Mariner cruise every night. In January 2022 I did a S2S2S and ate there once on the first cruise, tried to on the rest but it tasted different to me. I have bothered with it since.