Early morning shuttle from hotel to airport afterwards - Fort Lauderdale

Wheeler825

Staying in a hotel nearby for the sunday night after our cruise.  Flying out Monday at something like 6am.  Am I going to be possible to get a shuttle to the airport? Hotel doesn't seem to know(third party shuttle I think), or are Ubers readily available that time of day? Cruising on Harmony out of Fort Lauderdale.

• Wheeler825 changed the title to Early morning shuttle from hotel to airport afterwards - Fort Lauderdale

If you go with a ride share, for peace of mind you can schedule the Uber the night before.  I go to Disney often, and when I have a stupid early flight I always schedule the Uber the night before so I don't have to worry about timing it in the morning.  I've lucked out every time and the driver is always early.  Reduces my stress considerably.

19 minutes ago, sleepy425 said:

If you go with a ride share, for peace of mind you can schedule the Uber the night before.  I go to Disney often, and when I have a stupid early flight I always schedule the Uber the night before so I don't have to worry about timing it in the morning.  I've lucked out every time and the driver is always early.  Reduces my stress considerably.

Thank you, I did not know his was an option

On 1/19/2023 at 1:48 PM, sleepy425 said:

This made me think of a related question - If one does schedule an Uber ahead of time, the night before, a day before, or however long before, does that then exempt you from the possibility of being hit with unexpected surge pricing? Because in theory, you've already arranged the ride, so it should NOT be subject to surge, which is caused by them dealing with the people who did NOT schedule ahead of time, rather than your thoughtful preparedness, or so I would think?...

How "nearby" is the hotel? I only ask because the Port is so close to the Airport that many hotels around there are "airport" hotels, and they should have airport shuttles. If not, it may be worth looking in to an "airport hotel" that does have a shuttle, even if it's slightly more expensive. 

On 1/19/2023 at 12:48 PM, sleepy425 said:

If you go with a ride share, for peace of mind you can schedule the Uber the night before. 

There is always the caveat of one not being available. It actually has happened to me twice where I booked it the night before and then I didn't actually get one in the morning. Both were in decent sized cities (San Juan and San Diego) at about 4am. 

On 1/19/2023 at 12:35 PM, Wheeler825 said:

Staying in a hotel nearby for the sunday night after our cruise.  Flying out Monday at something like 6am.  Am I going to be possible to get a shuttle to the airport? Hotel doesn't seem to know(third party shuttle I think), or are Ubers readily available that time of day? Cruising on Harmony out of Fort Lauderdale.

The hotel doesn’t have an airport shuttle?  Most major chains do.

34 minutes ago, Zacharius said:

How "nearby" is the hotel? I only ask because the Port is so close to the Airport that many hotels around there are "airport" hotels, and they should have airport shuttles. If not, it may be worth looking in to an "airport hotel" that does have a shuttle, even if it's slightly more expensive. 

There is always the caveat of one not being available. It actually has happened to me twice where I booked it the night before and then I didn't actually get one in the morning. Both were in decent sized cities (San Juan and San Diego) at about 4am. 

It is a "airport and cruise port" hotel, the problem is we are leaving for the airport so early in the morning. Its this: https://www.choicehotels.com/florida/dania/comfort-suites-hotels/fld41

I've called twice now and not gotten anyone that can answer straight forward if I can get a shuttle that early

2 hours ago, Wheeler825 said:

It is a "airport and cruise port" hotel, the problem is we are leaving for the airport so early in the morning. Its this: https://www.choicehotels.com/florida/dania/comfort-suites-hotels/fld41

I've called twice now and not gotten anyone that can answer straight forward if I can get a shuttle that early

Their website says the shuttle doesn't start until 5am.

6 hours ago, WhoCruiser said:

This made me think of a related question - If one does schedule an Uber ahead of time, the night before, a day before, or however long before, does that then exempt you from the possibility of being hit with unexpected surge pricing? Because in theory, you've already arranged the ride, so it should NOT be subject to surge, which is caused by them dealing with the people who did NOT schedule ahead of time, rather than your thoughtful preparedness, or so I would think?...

A scheduled Uber will cost more than a standard Uber would when it’s not busy.  It’s reassurance you have something coming.   

Very similar question, also FLL. Our flight into FLL arrives after midnight. I have been limiting my hotel search to places that say they have a "24 hour" shuttle, which aren't many. In this market, would it be easy enough to get Uber/Lyft after midnight? I was worried about finding one at that hour, especially with cruise luggage in tow.