Sweet Tea?

Reigert2008

So, over on the Facebook Royal Caribbean Dining Group, someone on the Oasis is reporting that they were informed that they were no longer going to have unsweetened tea on the ships.  Since it's Facebook and all, I figured I would swing by here to see if anyone on @Matt's staff can confirm, deny, or has better information.  Since I travel with someone who has to watch the sugar intake and can easily drink a gallon of iced tea a day, i need to plan ahead for upcoming travels and set some expectations.

Also, i find this very hard to believe, since I've never seen sweet tea in any venue. I suppose they could be going to some pre-made instant mix or something from a machine, but even then it seems weird to only have sweet tea.

I suspect sweet tea "could" be available at the Mason Jar, but we've not dined there.

Thanks.  

2 hours ago, Reigert2008 said:

So, over on the Facebook Royal Caribbean Dining Group, someone on the Oasis is reporting that they were informed that they were no longer going to have unsweetened tea on the ships.  Since it's Facebook and all, I figured I would swing by here to see if anyone on @Matt's staff can confirm, deny, or has better information.  Since I travel with someone who has to watch the sugar intake and can easily drink a gallon of iced tea a day, i need to plan ahead for upcoming travels and set some expectations.

Also, i find this very hard to believe, since I've never seen sweet tea in any venue. I suppose they could be going to some pre-made instant mix or something from a machine, but even then it seems weird to only have sweet tea.

I suspect sweet tea "could" be available at the Mason Jar, but we've not dined there.

Thanks.  

I'm going to guess that there will be "sweetened tea" that is definitely not Sweet Tea.  Those from the south will understand.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I would be shocked if they decided to take away one of the simplest, cheapest yet most popular complimentary beverage items on board

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I would be shocked if they decided to take away one of the simplest, cheapest yet most popular complimentary beverage items on board

I agree, it’s a crazy world over on Facebook.  I suspect someone is just trying to start trouble 🙂  

My company has been out of the iced tea we normally order. The vendor has been saying a couple of weeks since November. The same has been happening at my friend's restaurant. It could be they no longer carry iced tea to send to the ship and they will need to find a new supplier.