Just booked our Dining!

FManke

We've done the same! Trying to spread it out over 2 weeks on Allure ... 163 days out! You're not on the sailing before us, are you? :) 

Week 1: $15 "First night done right" (Plan on swapping it to Chops if we don't get it), Sabor for dinner after Labadee

Week 2: $15 "First night done right" (Plan on swapping it to 150 Central Park if we don't get it), Izumi a la carte, and Giovanni's Table for the very last night

6 hours ago, klaconqueso said:

We've done the same! Trying to spread it out over 2 weeks on Allure ... 163 days out! You're not on the sailing before us, are you? :) 

Week 1: $15 "First night done right" (Plan on swapping it to Chops if we don't get it), Sabor for dinner after Labadee

Week 2: $15 "First night done right" (Plan on swapping it to 150 Central Park if we don't get it), Izumi a la carte, and Giovanni's Table for the very last night

Just booked "First night done right" for the Allure next March......331 days out. I think we will have plenty of time to research which specialty restaurant we want! Only one we've been to is Giovanni's. 

17 hours ago, rjac said:

Just booked "First night done right" for the Allure next March......331 days out. I think we will have plenty of time to research which specialty restaurant we want! Only one we've been to is Giovanni's. 

I didn't know which ones to book either, being a first timer. So I just booked all three! Izumi's, Giovanni's and Chops!

I've eaten at all three of those restaurants on different ships, I don't think you will be disappointed.

I booked our dinning this week, chose the 3 night dinning package, will probably pick Sabor or Chops on the first night, we leave in 29 days, so I'm starting to get excited. Starting to set little thing aside, so we don't forget them.

Food for thought.  Pun intended.  150 Central Park and Chef's Table are both elegant and delicious.  We did the "salt" tasting at 150 C, wow.  Unique.  Chef's Table was cozy, limited experience, with the chef using his creativity to serve us "one of a kind" dinners.  I think he paired wine too.

BTW.   We always take two bottles of our favorite wines. They will uncork and serve in the mdr.  Or you can host a "happy hour" in your cabin/suite.  Your cabin stewart will bring you extra glasses and wine cork screw.  Just ask.

The salt tasting was amazing, I can't remember which one was my favorite, but I loved one of them. We didn't get a chance to go but cruise mates of our went to Wonderland on Harmony and said it was one of the best meals and experiences they had ever had. We didn't go because my wife was a little worried about the advertised "Imaginitive cuisine" that Wonderland might serve.

1 hour ago, tiny260 said:

We didn't go because my wife was a little worried about the advertised "Imaginitive cuisine" that Wonderland might serve.

Your wife has good instincts.  Wonderland was just weird. No other word for it. The majority of our party left before the meal was over.  The service was excellent. That dear sweet girl that was our server tried so hard but the food was just too strange. We hated it. Luckily we didn't have to pay for it (not directly, at least) b/c we were in a Star Class suite and our specialty dining was complimentary. If we had gone there and been presented with a bill we would have laughed and walked out.  As it was, we just walked out. We did leave the server a tip. It wasn't her fault the meal was so dreadful.  Never ever again.