Adding gratuities after you have booked

Scarlett625

My sister in law has never cruised before and when she booked on line she didn't select adding gratuities because she didn't know what they were. She wants to add them on but can't find anywhere on the website or the app to do so. I tried looking on mine but I added gratuities when I booked, so I don't know if I'm missing it or I just don't see it because I don't need the option. Can you add the gratuities online after booking or do you need to call customer service to have them add them on? Many thanks in advance. 

I used my TA to add pre-paid gratuities.  I have booked 2 cruises this year on 2 different cruise lines.  Both times I was happy I had pre-paid because on both lines - the price of gratuities had increased between the time I paid and the time I cruised.  And yes, I also like having a smaller final bill at the end of the cruise.  If you don't pay off your credit card bill at the end of the month, then you will be paying interests. 

And I think the interest I could have earned prior to the cruise would be less than the interest on my CC bill. 

In the past, I've prepaid before by calling in, and I have also just let them be charged to my sea pass to be settled at the end of the cruise.  Now I just attach my Navy Federal credit card to my sea pass because it allows me to pay more than my balance, meaning I can add funds for anticipated charges to my card, such as gratuities, before I even get onboard.  Much easier than calling it in and dealing with the service rep.