Give me Liberty and Freedom! December 16-December 23

billnye97

My wife, daughter (9) and I are doing a Ship 2 Ship leaving tomorrow. Originally we had only booked Freedom but ended up adding on the Liberty sailing out of convenience. Unfortunately we are flying into Fort Lauderdale on the same day. I know it's a big no no but we are going to ask the travel gods to smile upon us. My wife and I both have relatively new jobs and had the Freedom sailing booked before we took them but we are going anyways. When we were planning we gave our daughter the choice of Carnival, Disney, and Royal. We showed her all the ships and the itineraries for each and she chose Royal. My wallet was extremely happy with her decision. My wife had the request of a balcony and I was really tempted to book a suite but ended up doing both Liberty and Freedom on balconies. We did purchase the Key for both sailings since we wanted the internet package and on Black Friday the sales only put it at a couple dollars more then the internet package alone. We also did the refreshment package for my wife and I and the soda package for my daughter. 

For the Liberty Sailing: 

1. Staying on the ship for Nassau: Cupcake decorating for my wife and daughter, Flow Rider Lessons for the three of us. 

2. Cocoa Cay: Waterpark passes 

For the Freedom Sailing 

1. Nassau: Got day passes to Baha Mar Waterpark. We didn't see many reviews but it looked nice and it was significantly cheaper then Atlantis. 

2. Cocoa Cay: Waterpark passes again but we will probably explore more on this time. 

3. Sea Day: Rented a Casita so we wouldn't have to fight the chair hogs. My wife is eternally grateful. 

My daughter loves to swim and go on some water slides. She is extremely excited to go on a cruise. It is her first. My wife and I have sailed on Carnival in the past and this is our first time on Royal. We didn't purchase any specialty dining but we may on the next cruise depending on the food. We thought we would try the included stuff the first go around and go from there. 

Now I better go pack my stuff. Our flight leaves at 6:30am tomorrow! 

2 hours ago, billnye97 said:

My daughter loves to swim and go on some water slides.

As a fellow cruise water slide lover let me recommend she pack a bathing suit in whatever bag you carry onto the ship so she can try the on-board slides out first thing! The lines will be shortest because people say "we'll do that tomorrow" or are waiting for their luggage to arrive at their cabin to change. She'll have the slides mostly to herself for a few hours before any lines start building up. 

Well we made it. Woke up super early 3:30 am and got on our flight to Fort Lauderdale. Now I agree with everyone of flying in the night before not only for weather delays but we were exhausted by the end of day 1. We purchased the Key and it was well worth it. We got priority embarkation and the Lunch was fabulous. They did mess up our daughters burger but it was a communication issue. I ordered a plain burger and said meat only and the meat was withheld. Oh well plenty of food to be had elsewhere. Our room was 7408. Only a balcony price but the balcony is huge!

FD65DF76-D221-4048-8F3B-8A49FF0FE7E2.jpeg

D16F41F1-7745-43ED-8F11-36808AA50DBA.jpeg

2AA18DAD-9FCD-4D3D-9576-25C9176AF260.jpeg