Repricing a 2023 cruise - Cruise Fare change?

JBO

Booked a cruise November 2023.  Got a few discounts for Military/Airline employee (Interline rate).

My question is, I booked through a travel agent.  I want to keep an eye out the next 8 months to see if the fare changes.  Does the "Cruise Fare" usually change along with their sales/discounts?  Or is the "Cruise Fare" number a hard number?  Reason I ask is I can not get an updated price with my discounts by just going to RCCL website and doing a dummy booking.  I can do a dummy booking though and compare the "cruise fare" price on their site and what I have on my invoice.......

Cruise fares can change any time.  Often it's with sales, but not necessarily. 

You need to be sure you're comparing what you booked to what you're looking at.  For instance, since I book refundable deposit, I have to go pretty far into the process to see what the new fare is with the refundable deposit (as the amount it adds varies with time as well).  Other discounts such as military/police, C&A discount etc, if applied, must be considered.    It's a bit of work, you do have to always compare it side by side with your original (or most recent) invoice, no matter who you book with.

The cruise fare can certainly change- if you see what you think is a change in the fare, notify your agent. They might not have gotten to it yet (some of us have piles to go through). 

A lot of the time my clients think they see a lower deal but they forgot that they booked a refundable fare, or added gratuities, or any number of things and they are wrong. But oftentimes they are also right. Either way I will double check for them!

Cruise fare is anything but fixed.  It can change twice in one week. 

One important note is that a fare in an exact category has to change to realize a price adjustment.  Within each cabin type such as interior, oceanview, balcony or suite are several categories.   Revenue management can change one category but not all categories within a cabin type.  You may see a lower balcony fare but it may not be applicable for the category of balcony you have booked.  

Each category is adjusted on it's own merit based on sales trends and demand.  

If in doubt call and ask.  

19 hours ago, Sharla said:

A lot of the time my clients think they see a lower deal but they forgot that they booked a refundable fare, or added gratuities, or any number of things and they are wrong.

Or they didn't scroll down to the total price and were just looking at the subtotal...

...not that this type of thing ever happened to me or anything