Royal Caribbean Blog

For those of you who have had the pleasure of experiencing the Royal Genie service, what kind of requests did you make from your Genie.  What kind of requests (if any) did you have to pay extra for on top of your cruise fare?  Just trying to get an idea of what to expect from a Genie and what experiences (if any) I would have to expect to receive from them for an extra cost.  I don't mind paying for things, I'm just curious what I would be paying a "price" versus a "gratuity" for.

Hi there. Usually they contact you weeks prior your cruise. They send letters and forms for you to fill them in and send them back with any special requests(including Cabanas). The service is complimentary as long as you book a Royal suite or higher categories in Oasis class & quantum class ships.  I hope this works for you.

Regards,

@abnermkd Thanks for your response.  I'm looking at booking an A2 on Allure so I believe that is Star Class.  I'm looking forward to the experience and was just trying to get accurate expectations.  I understand that the genie service is complimentary with Star Class, however would the Cabana also be complimentary if reserved through the Genie or would that be an extra cost?

2 minutes ago, RestingBirds said:

You mentioned not knowing if it's Star Class.  Just a reminder they revamped the suite classes and cut some rooms from the genie program if I read it right (I could be totally wrong) you might want to double check.

Well that would stink if I booked a room thinking it had Genie and ended up not having genie.  However for my sanity, I just doubled checked the FAQ on the Royal Suite Class website. and saw the following: ( I booked 10330 on Allure so I think I'm good, at least for now)

Royal Suite Class offers three tiers of accommodations, based on the suite category, Star, Sky, and Sea.

Star

• Royal Loft Suite
  • Owner’s Loft Suite
  • Four Bedroom Family Suite (Harmony of the Seas only)
  • Grand Loft Suite
  • Sky Loft Suite
  • Two Bedroom AquaTheater Suite (Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Decks 8, 9, 10)

Sky

• Crown Loft Suite
  • Owner’s Suite
  • Royal Family Suite
  • Superior Grand Suite
  • Grand Suite
  • One Bedroom AquaTheater Suite (Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Decks 11, 12, 14)

Sea

• Family Junior Suite
  • Junior Suite
  • Spa Junior Suite

*Staterooms vary by ship class. Stateroom categories and suites are subject to change without notice.

I think I may have found the article.  I see an image on the below article that looks very similar to the one you posted, however it's slightly different.  Wonder which one is correct?

The image on the below article has all A1 and A2 still included in Star Class.

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/03/01/royal-caribbean-re-categorize-all-staterooms-fleet-wide

2 hours ago, clmsnskr said:

And this from @Matt on a comment later on in that blog post.

http://disq.us/p/1god0oy

Maybe @Matt can chime here in and give me some peace of mind.  Because if A2 isn't Star Class, I'm definitely changing my reservation. Specifically is Deck 10 Aqua Theater Suites on Oasis Class ships still Star Class?

Let's be clear. Category A1 & A2 are Star Class.

A3 and A4 are Sky Class.

These changes will go into effect beginning with the new 2018/2019 deployment. For Oasis of the Seas, the effective date is May 6, 2018.

Here is where I got all this info: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/17055586_Recat_Sales_FAQs.pdf

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Let's be clear. Category A1 & A2 are Star Class.

A3 and A4 are Sky Class.

These changes will go into effect beginning with the new 2018/2019 deployment. For Oasis of the Seas, the effective date is May 6, 2018.

Here is where I got all this info: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/17055586_Recat_Sales_FAQs.pdf

Thanks @Matt.  Also just for clarification, on Oasis Class ships is the following accurate?

A1 (8330, 8730)
A2 (9330, 9730, 10330, 10730)
A3 (11330, 11730)
A4 (12330, 12730)

Just now, clmsnskr said:

Thanks @Matt.  Also just for clarification, on Oasis Class ships is the following accurate?

A1 (8330, 8730)
A3 (11330, 11730)
A4 (12330, 12730)

I don't know offhand the specifics.  Certainly your travel agent can confirm the stateroom category. Also keep in mind the room recategorization occurs on sailings on or after May 6, 2018, so what it is today might differ after that date next year. It depends on your sailing.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't know offhand the specifics.  Certainly your travel agent can confirm the stateroom category. Also keep in mind the room recategorization occurs on sailings on or after May 6, 2018, so what it is today might differ after that date next year. It depends on your sailing.

Thanks @Matt  The sailing I've booked what I think is an A2 (Deck 10 Aqua Theater Suite) is for early 2019 on Allure of the Seas.  I will check with RCCL directly on my question since I booked this directly through them.  BTW: I'm not opposed to moving the reservation to a Travel Agency if there is an incentive to do so.

Just now, clmsnskr said:

BTW: I'm not opposed to moving the reservation to a Travel Agency if there is an incentive to do so.

I always use a TA.  For situations like this, let the TA do all this homework and research for you.  Time saved alone is worth it.  

Here is why you should use a TA: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/06/15/why-first-time-cruisers-should-use-royal-caribbean-travel-agent

44 minutes ago, clmsnskr said:

A1 (8330, 8730)
A3 (11330, 11730)
A4 (12330, 12730)

You have it right.  RCI made some crazy changes to the Royal Class Suite program a couple of weeks ago(When they came out with all of the new cabin categories) where they removed the 2 BR ATS from Star Class but then immediately reversed that decision (who's surprised ???) and put them back in.  So all of the 2 BR ATS are Star Class and the 1 BR suites are Sky class.  BUT during that same time frame they declared that the 2 BR ATS would be withheld from general inventory with a requirement of a minimum number of guests (I think 4 or 5).  So the fact that you snagged one for only 2 people is very lucky.  I managed to get one in Feb 2019 too but most of them are being withheld or 2 people.

Anyway back to the reason for this post.

For those of you who have had the pleasure of experiencing the Royal Genie service, what kind of requests did you make from your Genie.  What kind of requests (if any) did you have to pay extra for on top of your cruise fare?  Just trying to get an idea of what to expect from a Genie and what experiences (if any) I would have to expect to receive from them for an extra cost.  I don't mind paying for things, I'm just curious what I would be paying a "price" versus a "gratuity" for.