Combine Crown and Anchor accounts?

My wife and I, for some reason, seem to have different C&A accounts. After our latest sailing, last week, our "numbers" have been updated. She's at 28 and I'm on 14. I tried to call RC to see if there was a way they could combine our accounts so we'd both see the same thing but I never was able to get through. I suppose it's not that big of a deal, but is there a way to connect our accounts so that we're both seeing the same things...or does it really matter so long as one of us is up to date? She's nearly platinum level, which is why I ask.

assuming you are not talking about duplicate accounts -- ie, you both have two different ones -- you should have two separate crown and anchor accounts as they are registered on an individual/per-person basis.

i know C+A will typically do a spousal match (or grant the children of a family the same ranking) as a one-time courtesy.

if you are seeing a discrepancy, is there any chance she would have cruised prior to your marriage? otherwise i am pretty sure you could request that they do the one-time match. your mileage may vary with this, just be advised!

Family members that share a household can be linked and share tier status, but their individual points are still different.

If your points are wrong, you can provide them with the details of your sailing history (ships, dates, reservation number) and they can give you the credit for those.

If you are having trouble getting through this would be something that could be done at the C&A desk on your next cruise. Always easier working with someone face to face.

1 hour ago, foulmouthedleon said:

Well I suppose it's not the biggest deal in the world. If we're not cruising together, I'd be more worried about that as opposed to our C&A status! She and I come up when we're checking in, viewing our sea pass, etc. so I'd assume that we're somehow linked. Just wasn't sure if it would warrant a call to RC or not.

I would call if you are missing points. If sh we made the reservation, it's possible that she put in her number and never added yours. 

Call crown and anchor 1 (800) 526-9723

you should be linked and show the same points , even if you’ve not been on the same cruises

the spouse with the most points “Carrie’s” the other spouse.  In my case my husband has not cruised as much as I have, however his account shows the same amount of points that I earned and he is at my tier level.  If I pass or we divorce his points will revert to the # he actually earned for the cruises he has been on, but his tier status will stay at my level (D+) despite the fact he’s only earned enough on this own to be Emerald . 

the discrepancy could be that C&A has not linked you appropriately 

Each person has their own C & A number.    I have way more points than my husband as I have taken trips with my mom, sister, etc.   When you are traveling they use the person with the most points in a marriage\couple for both people, that way you both get the perks that go with them.   They are linked accounts. 

9 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

If I pass or we divorce his points will revert to the # he actually earned for the cruises he has been on, but his tier status will stay at my level (D+) despite the fact he’s only earned enough on this own to be Emerald .

Sorry to nitpick a morbid detail, but this sentence got me thinking.  How would Royal know if you passed?  My next of kin would obviously contact my banks, credit cards, etc but I don't think anyone would ever contact Royal unless my spouse remarried after my death.  I suspect there are plenty of C&A accounts where the owner has passed.  Perhaps Royal eventually closes them after some years of inactivity or when the owner reaches a ridiculous age (120 years old?).  Hmm, not sure why I found this so interesting to think about...

12 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Sorry to nitpick a morbid detail, but this sentence got me thinking.  How would Royal know if you passed?  My next of kin would obviously contact my banks, credit cards, etc but I don't think anyone would ever contact Royal unless my spouse remarried after my death.  I suspect there are plenty of C&A accounts where the owner has passed.  Perhaps Royal eventually closes them after some years of inactivity or when the owner reaches a ridiculous age (120 years old?).  Hmm, not sure why I found this so interesting to think about...

And to continue the thought, how would Matt know ......  Would our posts live on forever?  

1 hour ago, Atlantix2000 said:

True, but it’s a good joke I use for him to keep me alive! 😂 And for me to continue cruising solo so we can reach pinnacle quicker!😂