xSAILEDx Explorer of the Seas - Oct 22, 2023 - Oct 29, 2023 (7 Night Italy & Adriatic Cruise)

teddy

15 hours ago, teddy said:

We are also apparently due 250€ because of the cancelled flight. 

You have to make this claim online yourself. It's easy to do and doesn't take long. 

Can't remember how long it takes for money to be paid into your bank but its not that long.

8 minutes ago, Ray said:

You have to make this claim online yourself. It's easy to do and doesn't take long. 

Can't remember how long it takes for money to be paid into your bank but its not that long.

Thanks.   This is good info to have. 

We’re on the plane.  Hopefully it lands somewhere close to Venice 

11 hours ago, teddy said:

Thanks.   This is good info to have. 

We’re on the plane.  Hopefully it lands somewhere close to Venice 

BTW there are lots of companies who will do this for you online: no win no Fee etc ! 

AVOID these companies as under EU Regulation 261/2004 you are gaureenteed full compensation payment for each person in your party. The amount you receive is determined by the distance you are travelling.

There should be links or info on Tap website. 

Onboard at 1130 local time.   🙂

We barely stopped on our way through the check in process.  It took me longer to put my belt back on than anything else  

They wouldn’t take our larger bags because they weren’t “large enough”.  Now we have to keep them with us till rooms open. 

Large bag is on top   Smaller backpack below  

IMG_8052.thumb.jpeg.ec7b5d63060960058c2edd875df8f627.jpeg

I was late to start reading this blog…sorry for all your precruise issues!  Hope you ended up enjoying Venice even just a little bit (I sooo ❤️ that city!  Hoping to get there again soon with my husband!)

Excited you are finally onboard so…..
Now it’s time to relax…sightsee…and enjoy! 
Oh, and keep us informed and updated of course!

Edited by PPPJJ-GCVAB
Added info

I’ll do a proper after trip report…I’m making daily written notes so I do t forget anything 🙂

We’re in Split today.   Beautiful weather. Very few clouds and low 70s.  

We hiked up to the top of the mountain overlooking the port and got to pay 1.50€ each to use the bathroom. 

IMG_8153.jpeg

IMG_8140.jpeg

4 hours ago, teddy said:

I’ll do a proper after trip report…I’m making daily written notes so I do t forget anything 🙂      Thanks!

We’re in Split today.   Beautiful weather. Very few clouds and low 70s.   Wow…gorgeous view!

We hiked up to the top of the mountain overlooking the port and got to pay 1.50€ each to use the bathroom.   Too funny!  

Many years ago when I was in a town on the outskirts of Florence we found it hysterical that they charge for outdoor bathroom use!  And this particular bathroom was just a hole in the ground!  Great memories 😆 

I didn’t have my phone to take a picture of the  C&A numbers, but here’s what I remember:

16xx C&A members total on the sailing (right around half the ship). 6xx Gold, 320 Diamond and 41 Pinnacle (sorry Platinum, Emerald, and Diamond Plus). Gold had the most, followed by Diamond. 

The highest point cruiser had almost 23 times our points (we are Diamond).

While waiting for the doors to the lounge to open, we observed and interacted with some Pinnacle Members.  They were great and down to earth.…so don’t let one or two bad apples ruin your opinion of that level. 

What surprised me was the fact that almost half the ship has no status.  A late season European cruise seems like a strange one to have so many new cruisers. 

We’re at the airport by Rome waiting to go back to the States.  Cruises go by too fast.  

I’ll do a post-trip write up on my computer when we get home. It’s just too difficult to do it on my phone or iPad. 

We found getting to Ravenna was no where near as difficult as it was made out to be on some various internet sources, and I’ll share what we learned.  

Cross your fingers for our connecting flight in Munich later today.  My wife works tomorrow (albeit from home) and I have to be to work bright and early Tuesday.  

1 hour ago, teddy said:

We’re at the airport by Rome waiting to go back to the States.  Cruises go by too fast.  

I’ll do a post-trip write up on my computer when we get home. It’s just too difficult to do it on my phone or iPad. 

We found getting to Ravenna was no where near as difficult as it was made out to be on some various internet sources, and I’ll share what we learned.  

Cross your fingers for our connecting flight in Munich later today.  My wife works tomorrow (albeit from home) and I have to be to work bright and early Tuesday.  

Safe travels home. Looking forward to reading your write-up. 😊

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Explorer of the Seas - Oct 22, 2023 - Oct 29, 2023 (7 Night Italy & Adriatic Cruise)