Best way to switch name/cabin/sea pass in family

Lizzy

Hello, 

My sister booked 2 rooms for her, her husband and 2 teens. Because she booked online wo a TA she had to do one adult/teen per cabin. Now, I'm wondering how she can switch to have her cabin be for her and her husband, and the other for the two daughters. Thank you so much for your help. 

11 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

Hello, 

My sister booked 2 rooms for her, her husband and 2 teens. Because she booked online wo a TA she had to do one adult/teen per cabin. Now, I'm wondering how she can switch to have her cabin be for her and her husband, and the other for the two daughters. Thank you so much for your help. 

She needs to leave the booking as is because Royal will not allow a teen only booking.  When she is checking in at the port, just let them know how she wants the keys to be given out.  It is not an unusual arrangement and is done all the time.

23 minutes ago, Lizzy said:

Hello, 

Even had she booked on her own, teens are not allowed to be in a room by themselves, unless they are connecting, side by side but not connecting, or somewhere else nearby (I think, not absolutely positive about that). You can have the arrangements after boarding however you like, and you can get extra cards that are just room keys to each other's cabins at guest services, as well as make the bed arrangements however you prefer, but at least one person in the room must be 21 or over.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/international-age-policy

40 minutes ago, MaryCS62 said:

Even had she booked on her own, teens are not allowed to be in a room by themselves, unless they are connecting, side by side but not connecting, or somewhere else nearby (I think, not absolutely positive about that). You can have the arrangements after boarding however you like, and you can get extra cards that are just room keys to each other's cabins at guest services, as well as make the bed arrangements however you prefer, but at least one person in the room must be 21 or over.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/international-age-policy

That has been my experience.  I call in to book when traveling with the kids.  I tell them that I have teens and would like rooms next to each other.  Me and my wife in one room, and the kids in the other.  Pro tip, if you get two adjoining balcony rooms, you can ask them to remove the partition on the balcony and have it span both rooms.  We usually do this instead of trying to get connecting rooms.  We just go back and forth on the balcony between the rooms.

12 minutes ago, DoomSlayer said:

That has been my experience.  I call in to book when traveling with the kids.  I tell them that I have teens and would like rooms next to each other.  Me in my wife in one room, and the kids in the other.  Pro tip, if you get two adjoining balcony rooms, you can ask them to remove the partition on the balcony and have it span both rooms.  We usually do this instead of trying to get connecting rooms.  We just go back and forth on the balcony between the rooms.

Are connecting rooms generally more expensive that just two rooms next to each other?