Edge Sky Suite Balcony Furniture

SpicyCherry

Not while on the cruise.    If you're on a port/starboard balcony its bad!   Cheap patio chairs that you can't recline.   (If you have an aft room its ok).   We're on Beyond in 2023 and I'm going to make a request pre-cruise to get something adequate.  Even the table is not adequate to have a meal, just drinks.

2 hours ago, cruisellama said:

Not while on the cruise.    If you're on a port/starboard balcony its bad!   Cheap patio chairs that you can't recline.   (If you have an aft room its ok).   We're on Beyond in 2023 and I'm going to make a request pre-cruise to get something adequate.  Even the table is not adequate to have a meal, just drinks.

You ain't lyin'!! Those chairs look uncomfortable and cheap. I understand Sky Suites are their 'lead-in' to the Suite category, but it is still a Suite and should, therefore, be treated as such. May I ask...Who do you plan on making your pre-cruise request to? Just curious....I may do the same.

1 hour ago, SpicyCherry said:

You ain't lyin'!! Those chairs look uncomfortable and cheap. I understand Sky Suites are their 'lead-in' to the Suite category, but it is still a Suite and should, therefore, be treated as such. May I ask...Who do you plan on making your pre-cruise request to? Just curious....I may do the same.

Get the name of the Retreat concierge and email (they manage all the butlers).  If not before, go to the Retreat concierge desk.    If you're able to get an aft suite, no issue.  On Celebrity Solstice and Millennium class ships, the have more appropriate chairs (& tables) with  leg rests so you can relax on the balcony (which are smaller than Edge class) .   For the  newest class ship, its disappointing they decided to skimp on balcony furniture.   [If you do not get satisfaction, make sure you call it out on the end of cruise survey when they ask about the cabin.  With enough formal feedback, change should eventually occur.]

21 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

Get the name of the Retreat concierge and email (they manage all the butlers).  If not before, go to the Retreat concierge desk.    If you're able to get an aft suite, no issue.  On Celebrity Solstice and Millennium class ships, the have more appropriate chairs (& tables) with  leg rests so you can relax on the balcony (which are smaller than Edge class) .   For the  newest class ship, its disappointing they decided to skimp on balcony furniture.  

Thanks....I will start with emailing the Retreat Host and go from there. Our sailing is coming up soon, Dec 2, so we'll see what they can do.

Given what was said above, it sounds like we do not receive an email from the concierge a week ahead of the sailing, like we do on Royal? Is there a standard format for the concierge email address  on a Celebrity ship so we can email them with requests prior to boarding? Thank you!

6 hours ago, SebagoSue said:

Given what was said above, it sounds like we do not receive an email from the concierge a week ahead of the sailing, like we do on Royal? Is there a standard format for the concierge email address  on a Celebrity ship so we can email them with requests prior to boarding? Thank you!

I do not believe Suite/Retreat guests get an email from the Retreat Host prior to sailing...at least not for Sky Suites anyway. This is the first time in a Suite on Celebrity so I really have no frame of reference. I have done Grand Suites on RC  so know you are contacted by the Suite Concierge prior, which is awesome. 

I did call The Retreat to see if I could make Specialty Restaurant reservations(w/Dining Package) pre-sailing. The short answer was No. However, when calling in, the phone prompts make you indicate 1 of 2 things: if you are in a Sky Suite OR any other Suite. That make me think that Sky Suite-ers are treated much like RC Junior Suite-ers, and may not get all of the same perks, even though access to The Retreat is a big enough perk for me. In any event, I emailed The Retreat([email protected]) to request, at the very least, a few leg rests or something similar. I am awaiting a response. So, we'll see what happens.

18 hours ago, SpicyCherry said:

I do not believe Suite/Retreat guests get an email from the Retreat Host prior to sailing...at least not for Sky Suites anyway. This is the first time in a Suite on Celebrity so I really have no frame of reference. I have done Grand Suites on RC  so know you are contacted by the Suite Concierge prior, which is awesome. 

I did call The Retreat to see if I could make Specialty Restaurant reservations(w/Dining Package) pre-sailing. The short answer was No. However, when calling in, the phone prompts make you indicate 1 of 2 things: if you are in a Sky Suite OR any other Suite. That make me think that Sky Suite-ers are treated much like RC Junior Suite-ers, and may not get all of the same perks, even though access to The Retreat is a big enough perk for me. In any event, I emailed The Retreat([email protected]) to request, at the very least, a few leg rests or something similar. I am awaiting a response. So, we'll see what happens.

Suite perks are the same BUT you don't get as much attention (service) from the butler staff (concierge).   Good ones will put forth effort.   Try Celebrity customer engagement.  [email protected]  (The desk is operated by the Capt Club loyalty team VP staff so they tend to be a bit more responsive.)  or [email protected].    I found Jennifer to be very helpful on pre-cruise issues (even though that's not in her job jar.

If you strike out ahead of time, prepare your preferences on a piece of paper and give it to your butler when he/she  checks in with you after you get in your cabin.  They'll always ask "what can I do for you?" .  Hand him/her the paper and it will get done.  Always had luck with that - writing on a card makes a difference in getting it right.

6 hours ago, cruisellama said:

Suite perks are the same BUT you don't get as much attention (service) from the butler staff (concierge).   Good ones will put forth effort.   Try Celebrity customer engagement.  [email protected]  (The desk is operated by the Capt Club loyalty team VP staff so they tend to be a bit more responsive.)  or [email protected].    I found Jennifer to be very helpful on pre-cruise issues (even though that's not in her job jar.

If you strike out ahead of time, prepare your preferences on a piece of paper and give it to your butler when he/she  checks in with you after you get in your cabin.  They'll always ask "what can I do for you?" .  Hand him/her the paper and it will get done.  Always had luck with that - writing on a card makes a difference in getting it right.

Good idea....actually, I did email [email protected] to see if I can make individual Specialty Dining reservations using my 3N Dining Package(RC Suite Concierges spoiled the heck out of me) but it was a non-starter. 2 email replies and a follow-up phone call later(Celebrity called me), the answer was the same: You have to wait until you get onboard. However, I might try sending this request to them for the leg rests if The Retreat route goes belly-up. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2022 at 11:47 AM, cruisellama said:

I literally got off Edge today after my 10N Southern Caribbean sailing. I just wanted to follow up about the balcony furniture request. I did request, at the very least, leg rests prior to sailing, however, upon arriving to the cabin, there was nothing. So when the Butler, Jess, introduced himself, we asked him for something, anything. He said in times past he would put a lounger in if the guest requested it but one time someone tripped over it(there isn’t really enough room on the balcony if you are in port or starboard facing suites) and injured themselves. So that ended that. He did bring us one rattan stool-like piece of furniture(probably from up in the Suite Lounge or Sundeck) that did the trick.

Now, I must say this about the ‘uncomfortable and cheap’ looking chairs on the balcony….they actually were, surprisingly so, pretty comfortable and did not feel cheap, not to us anyway. Now, the table was too small to eat on but we would just drag the big table from inside the room out there and it was fine.

As for our dining preferences, we took your advice and had them written in advance for the Butler but never got a chance to give it to him. We just said we had a 5N dining package and my man ran with it. He booked everything and always gave us written reminders. He was great.

All in all, we had a fantastic time….Edge is gorgeous and the Captain was hilarious 😂 

On 12/12/2022 at 2:48 PM, SpicyCherry said:

I literally got off Edge today after my 10N Southern Caribbean sailing. I just wanted to follow up about the balcony furniture request. I did request, at the very least, leg rests prior to sailing, however, upon arriving to the cabin, there was nothing. So when the Butler, Jess, introduced himself, we asked him for something, anything. He said in times past he would put a lounger in if the guest requested it but one time someone tripped over it(there isn’t really enough room on the balcony if you are in port or starboard facing suites) and injured themselves. So that ended that. He did bring us one rattan stool-like piece of furniture(probably from up in the Suite Lounge or Sundeck) that did the trick.

Now, I must say this about the ‘uncomfortable and cheap’ looking chairs on the balcony….they actually were, surprisingly so, pretty comfortable and did not feel cheap, not to us anyway. Now, the table was too small to eat on but we would just drag the big table from inside the room out there and it was fine.

As for our dining preferences, we took your advice and had them written in advance for the Butler but never got a chance to give it to him. We just said we had a 5N dining package and my man ran with it. He booked everything and always gave us written reminders. He was great.

All in all, we had a fantastic time….Edge is gorgeous and the Captain was hilarious 😂 

I'm glad everything worked out.   Sky Suite veranda furniture continues to be the "windmill"  to charge.   It will end up being a survey comment for us.    For future reference, the aft facing Sky Suites have great chairs, but a lousy table for dining.  Even though the space is quite adequate for both.

2 hours ago, cruisellama said:

I'm glad everything worked out.   Sky Suite veranda furniture continues to be the "windmill"  to charge.   It will end up being a survey comment for us.    For future reference, the aft facing Sky Suites have great chairs, but a lousy table for dining.  Even though the space is quite adequate for both.

Honestly, we’ve always avoided Forward and Aft cabins because of motion sickness issues. However, we are finally going to try The Patch, after 20+ years of cruising. I guess we’ve been in denial!!! Then we’ll see if Aft/Forward cabins will be in our future.