Childs bed tent

Vtcwby07

Has anybody had any experience with a pop-up bed tent for their kiddos? Amazon has tons that go around the mattress.

Our son has an early bedtime and has a hard time sleeping when there are other distractions around.

Previously we had him sleeping in a PeaPod which worked great, but he has outgrown it.

I don’t remember the name of the one we had since my son who used is now 15, but we had a pop up bed tent that zippered shut. We brought it on our first cruise with our kids when he was 3. We were four of us in an ocean view room that had a sofa bed and a pull down bed. Our 5 year old slept on the sofa bed and he slept in the bed tent on the floor next to him. Worked great, he was used to it from using at the grandparents house.

On 9/7/2022 at 9:08 PM, AshleyDillo said:

Some folks bring magnetic hooks and a shower curtain to create a sectioned off area in the cabin. The ceiling is magnetic and the curtain can hang on the hooks.  

I've read reviews about a curtain. We've used hooks on the walls, but not the ceiling. We will definitely be trying it out this time. 

On 9/7/2022 at 11:06 PM, Becky0976 said:

I don’t remember the name of the one we had since my son who used is now 15, but we had a pop up bed tent that zippered shut. We brought it on our first cruise with our kids when he was 3. We were four of us in an ocean view room that had a sofa bed and a pull down bed. Our 5 year old slept on the sofa bed and he slept in the bed tent on the floor next to him. Worked great, he was used to it from using at the grandparents house.

Thanks for the info. That's pretty much what we are going for.  Amazon has a bunch of different options and with all the knock-offs sometimes it's hard to find what we are looking for based on reviews. 

19 hours ago, Vtcwby07 said:

I've read reviews about a curtain. We've used hooks on the walls, but not the ceiling. We will definitely be trying it out this time. 

I tried this hack out last week: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/08/31/i-tried-the-best-inside-cruise-ship-cabin-hacks-see-how-well-they-worked