Is booking shows necessary?

PRMLVM

I've seen other posters questioning how to book/reserve shows.  We've been on four cruises (two before COVID) and have never booked or reserved a show.  We've shown up for the "main event" and ice shows and just walked in and gotten greats seats. 

Our next cruise is on Harmony, our first on this class of ship.  With occupancy at/near 100% on cruises now....and with more options such as the Aqua Theater and comedy club...should we actually start making reservations?  We will be in sky class, if that makes a difference.    If yes, should we assume 2 hrs for specialty dining experiences, and book show times after that?

For those of us in “regular” rooms 🙂 , I always recommend to make reservations for anything that will take one. This could be shows, speciality dining, my time dining*, breakfast in the MDR, etc…. I feel I t’s better to have the reservation and not need it than it is to need the reservation and not have it.  Since the restart things are changing and things are different on each ship so some places may not even accept reservations any longer, but if the app will let me make one, I do.

note: you only need my time dining reservations if you are not in the traditional dining options.  Also not everything in the app is a reservation, some items are just reminders.

4 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Also, hopefully they have gone back to reserve seating for suite guest.

I had hoped this too, but we sail next week and so far we are being told reservations are still required. I will know more definitively once we hear from the suites concierge and see if the sections are as they once were on Explorer. On symphony in April the concierge would not even make reservations during the week before we boarded for suites guest as they did pre-covid (that was for any show), we had to wait until we were onboard and request reservations . Fingers crossed.