xSAILEDx Anthem of the Seas - May 14, 2023 - May 21, 2023 (7 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise)

• 3 weeks later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to Anthem of the Seas - May 14, 2023 - May 21, 2023 (7 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise)
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/17/2022 at 3:04 AM, KathyS said:

We will be on that cruise also, celebrating our 50th anniversary!  We're starting from Cape Liberty, New Jersey, on May 1st.  This is our first transatlantic cruise and first back- to-back.  Does anyone have any advice or tips.

We are on that cruise as well. Travelling from Scotland to Southampton by car the day before the cruise. Staying overnight in a Hotel.

Congratulations on your milestone wedding anniversary. We celebrate our 50th in August and go on b2b cruises on RCI Explorer from Venice (Ravenna) in September to celebrate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2023 at 2:12 PM, Jim S said:

We are on that cruise as well. Travelling from Scotland to Southampton by car the day before the cruise. Staying overnight in a Hotel.

Congratulations on your milestone wedding anniversary. We celebrate our 50th in August and go on b2b cruises on RCI Explorer from Venice (Ravenna) in September to celebrate.

Congratulations on your 50th anniversary also!  We are looking forward to Norway.  I plan to hike/walk each day before the cruise to prepare for hikes in Norway that I scheduled,  but it might be to late.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, YOLO said:

On this cruise too!  Watching The High Horns right now.  But my wife is sick in the infirmary and it looks like we will be leaving tomorrow to head to a hospital.  Also have next week booked, but not sure we will make it back on-board...

Oh no !  So sorry to hear that your wife is sick.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery and that she does not have to go to the hospital.  

Back on the Anthem today.  Went to Forde Hospital on Thursday and missed the boat in Bergen by a half hour on Friday.  Not fun.  Flew Norwegian Air from Bergen to Southampton yesterday to catch the ship today.  Ceil is better now - hope she stays that way...

1 hour ago, YOLO said:

Back on the Anthem today.  Went to Forde Hospital on Thursday and missed the boat in Bergen by a half hour on Friday.  Not fun.  Flew Norwegian Air from Bergen to Southampton yesterday to catch the ship today.  Ceil is better now - hope she stays that way...

Mixed results…but glad that Ceil is feeling better and that you have resumed your cruise(s).

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Anthem of the Seas - May 14, 2023 - May 21, 2023 (7 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise)
  • 2 weeks later...

It was cold in the morning and sometimes damp but it was truly a wonderful cruise.  A waterproof jacket is a good idea.  I used mine over a small down-filled jacket sometimes.  Cruising into Gieranger, my husband wore a hat, gloves, and a  warm coat that he bought on the ship. My down jacket was perfect for traveling- it came with a small bag that you could use after folding and rolling up the coat.  The afternoons were warmer but be prepared for dampness and rain.  Some days we only needed fleece jackets. This was one of my favorite cruises.  The beautiful fjords make up for any weather issues.  Hope you enjoy it!!