How soon can I book ...

tdcackler

I was experiencing the same frustration not long ago, and my cruise is even further out than yours! (March 31, 2018) I even posted about it here, just like you, only a few weeks ago. And magically, a day or two after posting, I was able to start booking excursions and spa treatments. Still can't book beverage packages, internet, dining plans, or other on-ship things besides the spa, I guess they don't unlock until more like 3-6 months out from sail date. But at least the doors cracked open a little. ;)

I don't know if it's a matter of their system needing a certain amount of time to work your account info through their systems, or each cruise has its own timetable of what opens up when, but I can say that it will happen eventually. And I also booked through a TA, so that definitely doesn't play any role.

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to when they open up bookings.  I have had bookings where they didn't open up bookings until 90 days before sailing and I have had ones (like on the Harmony that I took 2 weeks ago !) where the bookings were open more than 6 months ahead of time.  Actually, I think it was almost a year ahead of sailing for the Harmony.  I don't know what parameters cause them to open up reservations.  You just have to hunt and keep checking.

Thanks everyone - I just find their website very frustrating (honestly, most websites are frustrating as a former IT guy, I know how it SHOULD be done). I'll just keep checking.

I laughed out loud when I read this. I'm a current IT guy and my day job is making well-designed and useful web applications, so I seriously feel your pain! :D

I have a cruise booked in June and there are currently only a smattering of excursions available. However, I expect more as the sailing approaches. My guess is that they'll all be loaded within 90 days of sailing and it's even worth checking back even if you've reserved others in advance just to make sure something better hasn't come along.

I laughed out loud when I read this. I'm a current IT guy and my day job is making well-designed and useful web applications, so I seriously feel your pain! :D

I totally get it - I left IT and entered the ministry because God is easier to understand and deal with than computers. ;)