Coco Cay for a 9 year old

So we were supposed to do this cruise in 2020 which he would have been 6 years old, instead because of covid we are going in August 2022 which now makes him 9. Without going "Thrill waterpark" what is there to do for a 9 year old? Is he too big for some of the free water features? He has wanted to go on the pirate ship water feature but is he now too big for that? I'm just kinda afraid he is in between ages for things to do but I have no idea never been there before. Thanks for any insight. 

14 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Yeah it does look like a lot of fun, is a 9 year old too big for something like that? Is that only for very little kids? 

I saw kids of all sizes and ages playing in the kids area when I was there in April...I had to stop myself from running in to stand under one of the water drop buckets!!

18 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I saw kids of all sizes and ages playing in the kids area when I was there in April...I had to stop myself from running in to stand under one of the water drop buckets!!

17 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No, definitely not too big.

Perfect, you set my mind at ease now. I feel much better now. He has been looking forward to CoCo cay for 2+ years now and was afraid he was too big for the "free" water features and only would have fun in the very expensive water thill park. I don't mind paying for that but I'm not a heights, waterslide guy so I'd be paying for 2 and he would be the only one doing anything. My wife forget it, no way and we have a 7 month old who of course has no need for the water park. Thanks again guys! I feel much better now. 

21 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

Pack sand toys for the beach, even a blow up float if they like that (or for you, I pack my hammock float for me, I love it)

Definitely pack sand toys.  I forgot to grab our bag from home and ended up spending $18 on a small pack of sand toys on the island.

We went with a group of 9 kids ranging in age from 6-11.  They all had a blast with the free stuff on the island (well, plus the $18 sand toys).  It was so nice to not have to spend money for activities for everyone!

13 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

So we were supposed to do this cruise in 2020 which he would have been 6 years old, instead because of covid we are going in August 2022 which now makes him 9. Without going "Thrill waterpark" what is there to do for a 9 year old? Is he too big for some of the free water features? He has wanted to go on the pirate ship water feature but is he now too big for that? I'm just kinda afraid he is in between ages for things to do but I have no idea never been there before. Thanks for any insight. 

Hello We did cococay with a 5 & 7 year old. We did splurge and do the thrill water park as my family love water parks. My younger one is does get scared but we had a great time. After while he even able to do the water slide with the mat by himself. If you don't do thrill water park you can always go to the pirate ship and splash away bay. There should be slides that he may enjoy.