Izumi question

FSUFAN

Can you "wander in" and be seated and order sushi or do you need a formal dinner reservation? I know there are some places where you can order ala carte and not have a formal reservation.  This would be for the Quantum of the Seas.  Also, with a reservation at Izumi, is sushi on the menu as part of the meal or is it extra/add on?

Izumi does allow you to wander in and get sat for sushi. But ymmv depending on ship, capacity and time of day. Pretty much all of Izumi's menu is sushi. You can look up the menu to get an idea of what is offered.

As far as if the is sushi extra, that depends on your paying situation. With star class, nothing is off limits. With the UDP you get a fixed spending amount, the same if you prepay/buy it on the ship. Lastly if you go in without any sort of dining package, you will pay for everything a la carte.

On 5/18/2022 at 3:24 PM, FSUFAN said:

Also, with a reservation at Izumi, is sushi on the menu as part of the meal or is it extra/add on?

Unless Quantum converted the Noodle Shop into teppenyaki, the only Izumi option on that ship is sushi. You will want to make reservations to guarantee you can eat there. They will accept walk-ins, but reservations will take priority so space may be very limited.

On Anthem last January I was astounded by the amount of take out orders Izumi did nightly. And the take out orders were in Izumi branded shopping bags and had their own black food containers.

‘The take out orders did not have reservations, had their food delivered to them, and might never have changed out of their bathing suits.

• 1 year later...
On 5/23/2022 at 5:46 PM, bobroo said:

On Anthem last January I was astounded by the amount of take out orders Izumi did nightly. And the take out orders were in Izumi branded shopping bags and had their own black food containers.

‘The take out orders did not have reservations, had their food delivered to them, and might never have changed out of their bathing suits.

How do you take out izumi? Can you call it like room service or do you just go and order as take out at Izumi?

Might give it a try next time of we're rushing or in between activities.

3 hours ago, SGlazylife said:

How do you take out izumi? Can you call it like room service or do you just go and order as take out at Izumi?

Might give it a try next time of we're rushing or in between activities.

You can call the order in from any phone across the ship. Not all ships/classes have Izumi to go or for takeout. It is much easier on the bigger class ships like Quantum and Oasis

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

You can call the order in from any phone across the ship. Not all ships/classes have Izumi to go or for takeout. It is much easier on the bigger class ships like Quantum and Oasis

Oooh thanks for the info! I saw that you also took out for JR on the live blogs. Gotta learn all these neat tricks from the pros!

Been wanting to get ramen at Izumi for a while and wondering if it can be a la carte? If not... Is it worth it to get the cruise planner dinner/lunch if we only want ramen? Also... How much is the ramen if it can be a la carte?

Also also... Is the ramen good? It might be the first non-instant ramen for my mom and I don't want her to get something not yummy.

• 2 weeks later...