Harmony SeaPass question

Wilson

That is correct, a lady from work just came off here and said the same thing.  Keep your Set Sail Boarding Pass until you get your Sea Pass.

Maybe it's just me and I don't like change and there's probably a really great reason for this... but this strikes me as a really annoying process. 

Maybe it's just me and I don't like change and there's probably a really great reason for this... but this strikes me as a really annoying process.

It's to expedite boarding; Carnival is doing the same thing.

For what it's worth, back in the day your room keys would be waiting for you in your room and all of the stateroom doors would be open on boarding day until you claimed your keys and shut them.

• 1 month later...

Just got off Harmony 2 weeks ago. Let me clarify. Your sea pass card is no longer given to you in the terminal. You will find your cards in an envelope on your bed. The doors are propped open and you are greeted by your steward to accept the cards (after 1:00pm). You can still make purchases and these purchases are made with the bar code on your set sail paperwork that you print out prior to cruising.

"Really good reason" = RC annoyed that people (like my family) barge into our staterooms at 11am and pay no mind to the 1:00pm suggested time. Let's face it by 11am 90% of the rooms on the ship are good to go. It's just an added control measure from RC to let the cabin stewards have access to the hallways and clean up before the craziness.

Both Princess and Holland America allow passengers to go straight to their staterooms upon boarding, although I also think the board a tad bit later (noonish), whereas Royal starts boarding about 11 a.m.  While I'm not 100% sure, I think these lines may have additional help in turning the cabins over on boarding day either by bringing in day help or reassigning others temporarily from their duties on this day.