Covid protocol changes

4 hours ago, Frances said:

We are leaving on June 5 from Copenhagen n have not heard much info from RC n TA on testing. Where do we test. We are not bringing our own tests. No info on activities either

Not difficult to find: Getting Ready to Cruise | Healthy & Safe Cruises | Royal Caribbean Cruises 

They're not going to tell you exactly where to get tested, but they do give you the guidelines required. They even tell you you can use the eMed tests.

"Guests traveling into Denmark from another country should be sure to look into any requirements your own home country may have for exiting or re-entering its borders.

On arrival, all guests from non-EU or Schengen countries must present a negative Covid-19 antigen test taken within 24 hours of their flight departure time.

All Guests: Required Pre-Cruise Testing

All guests sailing from Denmark will need to take one test before boarding, as detailed below. Tests must be supervised with the result provided on a certificate which includes the guest’s name and date of birth. Supervised telehealth tests are not accepted for unvaccinated guests – only for vaccinated guests. All tests are at the guests’ expense.

• Vaccinated guests who are up to date must show a negative result for an antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day. Vaccinated guests who are not up to date will have a 1 day window to take this test. Kids age 5 to 11 who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests.
  • Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 must show a negative test result for an antigen test taken no more than 1 day before boarding day.
  • Guests under 2 years of age do not need to complete a pre-cruise test.

eMed Tests Kits for Guests Traveling from the U.S.

Through our testing partners, U.S.-based vaccinated guests may purchase antigen test kits for vaccinated guests that you can complete online with a supervised virtual video visit, wherever you are, 24 hours 7 days a week to meet travel testing requirements for cruise or flight. Learn more

• 2 weeks later...

I just received an email for my Wonder of the seas cruise on June 2nd updating the protocols.  

It looks like fully vaccinated passengers, as defined by the EU standards (full boosters or last shot within 270 days) can take the antigen test 2 days prior to the cruise vs 1 day. Those not fully vaccinated, still need to be within 1 day.

Those not fully vaccinated also have additional testing for shore excursions. I'm not sure what changed here because I haven't paid a whole lotvof attention because my family is fully vaccinated.

14 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

I just received an email for my Wonder of the seas cruise on June 2nd updating the protocols.  

It looks like fully vaccinated passengers, as defined by the EU standards (full boosters or last shit within 270 days) can take the antigen test 2 days prior to the cruise vs 1 day. Those not fully vaccinated, still need to be within 1 day.

Those not fully vaccinated also have additional testing for shore excursions. I'm not sure what changed here because I haven't paid a whole lotvof attention because my family is fully vaccinated.

I also received an email for my June 26th sailing on Odyssey from Rome. I'm glad to see our testing changed to 2 days prior. That way we can test at home before flying. Still going to use our emed tests, but now I won't have to pack two tests for the five of us.

13 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I just got an email saying that existing US protocols have been extended through 9-30-22 and European protocols are extended through 6-30-22.

image.png.2175b050e21375ff622ac78017df94ad.png

Do you think they will end testing prior to boarding eventually?

22 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I just got an email saying that existing US protocols have been extended through 9-30-22 and European protocols are extended through 6-30-22.

image.png.2175b050e21375ff622ac78017df94ad.png

How many bookings does this affect for you? I know you have been booking and cancelling over and over and over again waiting for protocols to change 😕

I've just received this email for June 19th Sailing of Odyssey.

The only change I could see was:

Pre-Cruise
All vaccinated guests will be required to present a negative test result for a COVID-19 test taken no more than 2 days before our sailing. All guests considered unvaccinated will be required to present a negative test result for a COVID-19 test taken no more than 1 day before our sailing.

So if you are considered fully vaccinated you can take your test 2 days before the sailing now.

42 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

How many bookings does this affect for you? I know you have been booking and cancelling over and over and over again waiting for protocols to change 😕

None, unfortunately.  My next cancellation will be for the 4 Sept Voyager Arctic Crossing.  Since the European protocols only go through Jun 30 I will have to make final payment and cancel later.  Bummer, but not unexpected.

1 hour ago, wordell1 said:

It looks like fully vaccinated passengers, as defined by the EU standards (full boosters or last shit within 270 days) can take the antigen test 2 days prior to the cruise vs 1 day.

Per above I’m fully vaccinated every morning. Anyone over 270 days should see a doctor. 

I think this has changed in the new version.  Originally, unvaccinated children had to be on a RC tour to get off the ship in port, then it changed.  If I’m reading this correctly, looks like unvaccinated must be on a RC tour again.  

1DC9C38D-8F91-4699-BDB5-AC6F956C85F9.thumb.jpeg.16345264c878a5186b0ec37c9f74f8a3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jkaczano said:

I think this has changed in the new version.  Originally, unvaccinated children had to be on a RC tour to get off the ship in port, then it changed.  If I’m reading this correctly, looks like unvaccinated must be on a RC tour again.  

1DC9C38D-8F91-4699-BDB5-AC6F956C85F9.thumb.jpeg.16345264c878a5186b0ec37c9f74f8a3.jpeg

I believe that's outdated and typical RC IT didn't change it since above that says unvaccinated can visit ports freely, plus the link to shore excursion details says the same thing

17 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

unfortunately that article is dated from October.  Seems that hat has been sitting there a long time.
I'd love to see this go away.  The US does not need to though, it is it's own citizens "stuck here" and  thus spending money here since most won't go overseas due to the possibility of getting stuck there if they test positive for Covid. 
  It's easy for people from other countries to come here, knowing they tested negative, spend their $$$ and fly home with no testing restrictions.   

Can anyone confirm if you could do your test the morning of the cruise? We'd be doing a test with a virtual proctor and are trying to figure out some logistics. We will be at sea on another cruise line before this trip and wouldn't have phone/internet access. 

2 hours ago, EM1016 said:

Can anyone confirm if you could do your test the morning of the cruise? We'd be doing a test with a virtual proctor and are trying to figure out some logistics. We will be at sea on another cruise line before this trip and wouldn't have phone/internet access. 

Vaccinated folks can, yes.