Jump to content

This Covid-19 testing thing is convoluted...


Recommended Posts

From reading on the website it states that you must show proof of a covid 19 negative test within 2 days of sailing and or PCR test 3 days before sailing. Now, my cruise is scheduled for Saturday to leave, I am off on Friday so I was thinking of getting a rapid test done then (I've had it before and usually comes back in 20-30 minutes). The one guy on the phone told me that it had to be 2 days before sailing? but not before? What doesn't make sense to me is why can't it be "within" the 2 days you will be sailing? Wouldn't a more recent test be better? Thing is I work that week and I am only off Friday, I also don't get out of work until pass those testing center times... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If your cruise leaves on Friday, as a vaccinated person, you can get test done on Friday, Thursday or Wednesday.

Unvaccinated kids can get test done Thursday, Wednesday or Tuesday.

1 hour ago, g.j.martin said:

Thing is I work that week and I am only off Friday, I also don't get out of work until pass those testing center times... 

Get the at-home test. You can do it from work in about 20 mins total without leaving your desk

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Matt said:

If your cruise leaves on Friday, as a vaccinated person, you can get test done on Friday, Thursday or Wednesday.

Unvaccinated kids can get test done Thursday, Wednesday or Tuesday.

Get the at-home test. You can do it from work in about 20 mins total without leaving your desk

 

@Matthave been reading a lot about the proctor option for the I-Health tests the government sent out (the ones In the orange and white boxes) 

https://ihealthlabs.com/products/ihealth-verified-covid-test-service

Any word on whether or not Royal will accept this? It seems to check all the boxes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

 

A COVID test is just a "snapshot" in time, that actual time of the test, not a day or two before or what could happen a day or two after.  I can get tested now with a negative result and contract the virus 5 minutes later.  So, I don't believe anything that says there is a minimum time or a "drop dead" time frame (a no sooner time frame) you can take it before the cruise.  In fact, I believe that the closer to embarkation you get tested, the better off everybody is, that's not a suggestion though, it's tough enough to get the tests now with the 2 day standard (which is actually/virtually 3 days).

Edited by jay1021
Disregard the quote
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, jay1021 said:

A COVID test is just a "snapshot" in time, that actual time of the test, not a day or two before or what could happen a day or two after.  I can get tested now with a negative result and contract the virus 5 minutes later.  So, I don't believe anything that says there is a minimum time or a "drop dead" time frame (a no sooner time frame) you can take it before the cruise.  In fact, I believe that the closer to embarkation you get tested, the better off everybody is, that's not a suggestion though, it's tough enough to get the tests now with the 2 day standard (which is actually/virtually 3 days).

I'm very aware of that. Unfortunately, for some of non US cruisers is very difficult to take a test just before the cruise, so we have to plan ahead.


Thank you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

I'm very aware of that. Unfortunately, for some of non US cruisers is very difficult to take a test just before the cruise, so we have to plan ahead.


Thank you. 

I didn't mean to quote you.  If you look, you'll see that I edited it to try to delete the quote.  It was meant to be a general statement to every/anybody.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...