Single vs. Double Room Occupancy Pricing

Hi all, I'm booked on Oasis in December with a big group. The person who I was rooming with in a Balcony room may no longer be able to go, and I'm kind of doubtful that I could find someone else who would be willing to spend a week with me. What is the price difference on average between the double occupancy and solo occupancy for rooms? Does it matter if the room was booked as a double originally?

Edit: Double the price, obviously, but I'm given to understand that solo cruising is more expensive.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

You can do a mock booking for one guest on your ship and sail date.  Then you'll know for sure.  If you see a solo deal now don't hesitate to change or else that deal may get scooped up by someone else.  

I’ve seen this mentioned.  How do we know it’s a solo deal? Does it say do or is it that the price just found the “double” when looking for one person?

1 hour ago, Pattycruise said:

I’ve seen this mentioned.  How do we know it’s a solo deal? Does it say do or is it that the price just found the “double” when looking for one person?

It doesn't say.  As you step through and you see the initial advertised price, when it doesn't jump so high once you choose one guest that's a big hint.  

Sometimes though it's only interior or OV so if you are focused on balcony it's easy to miss.  

5 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I always run the price with one person then with 2 people and compare the prices.  You just pretend you are booking the cruise and go to the point they give you the price of the cruise.  Look at the final price and remove 1/2 of the port fees and taxes.  It is easy to see the solo is twice the price.  If I see the double is less than the solo price I can call and get the double price as a solo.  

17 hours ago, twangster said:

It doesn't say.  As you step through and you see the initial advertised price, when it doesn't jump so high once you choose one guest that's a big hint.  

Sometimes though it's only interior or OV so if you are focused on balcony it's easy to miss.  

Some of those solo deals when you find them, are great.

Back during the first week of February, I booked myself in an interior in February 2023 for $444.  It’s come about that my wife can get the time off and she’s going to come.  We haven’t booked yet, but the current price for two (in an interior) is $784.   The current price to book solo is $681 (all NRD).

We’re going to bite the bullet and pay for both of us, but it goes to show that solo deals can be found if you look.  Just act fast if you want it.