PrePaid card?

My daughters are each bringing a friend. One of the parents wants to give their daughter a pre-paid Visa card to swipe for purchases (milkshake, smoothie, arcade, etc) while onboard.

So my question, can you use something other than your SeaPass account for onboard purchase? She would hand the waiter/bartender a pre paid Visa card and not her room key (SeaPass). Thanks

19 minutes ago, ncstate7991 said:

My daughters are each bringing a friend. One of the parents wants to give their daughter a pre-paid Visa card to swipe for purchases (milkshake, smoothie, arcade, etc) while onboard.

So my question, can you use something other than your SeaPass account for onboard purchase? She would hand the waiter/bartender a pre paid Visa card and not her room key (SeaPass). Thanks

Unfortunately, you must pay with your seapass.

You must pay with a seapass card, but your daughter's friends seapasses don't have to be linked to your account.  Set them up as separate so they get their own bill.  Then, they can use their Visa card to pay off their charges at Guest Services before the end of the cruise.  However, these might need to be setup as cash accounts.  Not sure if they will link a pre-paid card during the cruise.  You could also make their accounts separate, but give your card for all of them.  That way you would get separately itemized bills for each person at the end.  Then you can just give the parents their daughter's bills for reimbursement.

10 minutes ago, ncstate7991 said:

Thanks everyone. Was hoping they would allow them to pay via PrePaid Visa at point of sale. I don’t want to keep up with who purchased what. I agreed to buy soda package with WiFi but one kid wants pina colada (NA) and smoothies everyday.

You don't need to keep track. Each person's card will have its own folio section. So whatever the daughters' friends swiped will show for that card