Food to go?

Yeah you can do that! I always see people taking a plate of pastries/breakfast sandwiches to their room from somewhere like Cafe Promenade or pizza from Sorrento's. Occasionally I see people take food out of the Windjammer.

I've taken dessert from specialty restaurants back to my room before. Your stateroom attendant will clean out the plate(s) as normal from your room.

Yes, you can bring food with you.  We do it all the time.

I'm always trying to talk my wife into going to the Windjammer and bringing breakfast back to the room for me.  Most of the time she brings me a cup of coffee while she brings bacon for herself, but occasionally I'll get a plate of food. 😄

We frequently grab lunch in the Windjammer and bring it to the Solarium or Pool Deck, depending on where we're sitting.  Pre-covid, my wife would go to the Main Dining Room on sea days and bring a tutti salad back to where ever we are sitting.

Bringing pizza back to the cabin at night is a regular thing for me.  When we were on Vision in 2019, they always seemed to have shrimp in the evenings at the Park Cafe, and a plate (or two) came back to the cabin with us.

I've seen people carrying food out of the Main Dining Room before, but we've never done it because we enjoy the experience of the MDR.

I often get lunch or midnight snack and take back to my room from the buffet.  I get two plates.  one on the bottom for the food and one on top to cover the food while I am carrying it back to the room.  I also have asked for my desert to go when I am full.  They will give it to you with the cover on it.

12 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

I often get lunch or midnight snack and take back to my room from the buffet.  I get two plates.  one on the bottom for the food and one on top to cover the food while I am carrying it back to the room.  I also have asked for my desert to go when I am full.  They will give it to you with the cover on it.

And you should keep that cover to use later. If you get dessert to go on the first night, you'll have a cover for your plate from the Windjammer on Day 2.

Just make sure to either hide the cover or make sure your room steward knows that you want to keep it. Otherwise it will disappear

39 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

And you should keep that cover to use later. If you get dessert to go on the first night, you'll have a cover for your plate from the Windjammer on Day 2.

Just make sure to either hide the cover or make sure your room steward knows that you want to keep it. Otherwise it will disappear

We got a dessert to go after our MDR meal each night.  The lid they gave us had a breathable hole at the top.  I thought that was odd.  I had brought freezer sized ziplock baggies with us.  I sometimes transferred the dessert (especially if it was large chocolate chip cookies) into the ziplock for the next day, or  later that evening.  I never kept the lid, though.  Each day/night we put it out for the cabin steward to take.

5 hours ago, need2cruz said:

The lid they gave us had a breathable hole at the top.  I thought that was odd. 

I believe they use the same lids for dessert as the hot food items, and the hole really helps prevent hot food from getting soggy.
Good idea for the ziplocks! I'll have to remember to bring some on our next sailing.