Izumi Hibachi $10 surcharge question

ruhtra09

14 hours ago, ruhtra09 said:

I have purchased the UDP for family of four. Does this mean that I will pay a maximum of $40?

Also, if I did not purchased UDP, the Premier Combo of $49.99 is for each person or per family? I'm trying understand what I am really saving with UDP.

You would pay a minimum of $40. Think of it this way.......the UDP get you a $35 credit at Izumi. If you want to do Hibachi, which starts at $45, you will pay a $10 markup. The premier combo is 49.99, so if you wanted to do that you would pay an additional $15pp. So, your maximum would be $60 for a family of four. 

As far as savings you are saving a lot. Depending on your length of sailing and ship. If you do 7n on Oasis, that's at least 7 dinners and 3 lunches at an average of $40, which brings the cost to $400 pp, not including the 18% grats. I am sure the UPD with grats was under or at $200pp. 

15 hours ago, ruhtra09 said:

Also, if I did not purchased UDP, the Premier Combo of $49.99 is for each person or per family? I'm trying understand what I am really saving with UDP.

The answer to your question regarding understanding "what [you are] really saving with UDP" is found in the actual name of the package...."UNLIMITED Dining Package."

If you purchase the UDP for, let's say, $150.00 per person, you can begin calculating your savings once you eat at, at least, three (3) restaurants.  My reply and example uses simple math and rounded numbers.  For instance, if a specialty restaurant is $50 to eat at (I know some are $40 some are more, Playmakers is $20 or $25 credit), the UDP cost of $150.00 is recouped after three (3) meals.  then everything after that is a "savings."

You asked what you are saving with the UDP based upon Izumi Hibachi.  You don't save anything if you pay the surcharge and only eat there.  To answer the isolated question regarding hibachi and the surcharge, you apply the daily credit to the hibachi surcharge and you can eat the $49.99 hibachi.  Do this three (3) times, and you start saving after that.  

On 3/3/2022 at 6:38 AM, Anglea said:

Can I just stop into Izumi and grab a roll or two to take back to my room if I have the UDP and would it be included as long as I don’t go over $35?

You should be able to, but this will depend on the ship. Some dining venues don't allow carryout or will make it difficult to carry out.