Anyone used RCL for transfer from ship to airport before?

Goldie 2001

I have used these transfers before,  but not at ft. Lauderdale. 

When I used them, someone would be at baggage claim with a sign and clipboard. You would sign in and board the bus. They worked fine.

However, given the price and inconvenience of having to wait for the bus to fill up,  I prefer taking a cab or uber. Oncevyou get 2 or more in your party, the transfer is usually more expensive 

I used the Royal bus transfer for cruises where the port and airport are distant from each other and also for transfers when I am at an international airport/port.  If you fly into the port a day early, of course, the port transfer service is not an option....so I actually rarely used it.  But when I did use it I always had a significant sense of assurance that all was well and that I would get to the cruise without incident.  I always did !

I have used before in Port Miami and the major issue is they wait to fill up. We waited almost 2 and half hours for ours to fill up. Imagine flying in early at 6am to land around 10am and waiting to leave after 1pm. They will go around the airport picking people up from designated spots and then go to the terminal. By the time we got on the ship nothing was open to eat and we had to wait until 6pm for dinner.

That being said, I think it depends on the port. FLL might not be too bad, but I believe the RCG transfer is like $30+pp. Whereas Lyft or Uber might be $20 in total with a tip because the airport is close to the port. 

We have used their transfers as well and we found they were expensive and as stated before, not an option if you're on a tight schedule.  On one cruise they actually parked the bus short of the terminal as we were told the drop off area was too congested and they were told to hold back until it cleared.  We sat in view of the cruise terminal for 45 minutes.  One couple asked to get off and were told they could walk if they wanted but their luggage was staying on the bus until it was able to drive the drop off point.