I Miss Watching the Price Drop When I Put my C&A # in

I have been pricing trips lately and before the pandemic mess, when I would put in the usual C&A number, state, etc the price would drop and I admit I would get a weird satisfaction out of seeing the price drop. Now when I put it all in I always get the "you have the best price" indicator. Not satisfying at all. 

Is everyone seeing this? Am I missing something, not ticking the right box, not hitting the right RC combo or is this just how it's going to be moving forward. I realize this is silly and because of RC math really means nothing in the long run but I miss it. 

Kate

17 minutes ago, Katiemay said:

I have been pricing trips lately and before the pandemic mess, when I would put in the usual C&A number, state, etc the price would drop and I admit I would get a weird satisfaction out of seeing the price drop. Now when I put it all in I always get the "you have the best price" indicator. Not satisfying at all. 

Is everyone seeing this? Am I missing something, not ticking the right box, not hitting the right RC combo or is this just how it's going to be moving forward. I realize this is silly and because of RC math really means nothing in the long run but I miss it. 

Kate

I have multiple cruises booked and frequently check my pricing.  I see that SOME cruises will price change (down) when I enter my C&A number and others will not.  I am assuming those that do not price drop are "at or near" capacity (my Feb/March cruises don't change)  or they are a more popular cruise time/cruise itinerary (My June Oasis and My October New England do not move in price)

3 hours ago, Katiemay said:

Kate

Yes I noticed the new box too. 

That's what I thought at first too....but then I played with some mock bookings to try to figure it out.  If you price a balcony without your C&A number all the way through to when you pick your cabin jot that total down then go back in and put your C&A number in and take it all the way through and you should see a lower price.  From what I can gather, they system seems to price it with a combination of discounts.  Sometimes I see the price difference as $200 less with my discount and sometimes it's less.  Either way, it always is less with my C&A number applied once I take the booking through to selecting cabin.  Hope that works for you!

I still get some discounts using the residency information from time to time.  Have seen where the price actually goes up on a mock booking that way though.  Have been very happy with interior rooms so far, especially since I like the room to be dark to sleep.  But have looked at some balcony's and eventually may splurge on one for an Alaska B2B but that won't happen till I get a few more things done on the house.  Since my girlfriend is over 55 I also try checking and unchecking the box for that to see if that nets something better price wise if she will be going.  It's kinda interesting to see how some things will get discounts and some will not.  The 55 plus seems to net more discounts in Florida and next to nothing in Texas.  Residency is hit or miss for sure.  Haven't really paid attention to C&A prices since those are only applied for certain cabins.