Covid test question

Hi all - I tried to see if this specific question was already answered and I apologize if I missed it and this is a repeat. I already have a few Abbott binax home tests (the kind you buy through rcl). Is there a way to sign up to be proctored but use my test, or am I out 200 bucks to order their tests? I have a bad feeling I know the answer but thought I’d check…

No you can not turn the otc tests into proctored tests through emed or anything else.

You MAY be able to go to a physician and use them their and get then to give you written results that are typed up on office letterhead but there is no guarantee that will allow you to board the ship. I have speculated on this for a while. But you will need to do all the legwork to find out. And the results can NOT be hand written. They must be typed. 

Otherwise you have tests that will work for your own information. 

Our doctor’s office offers rapid testing, so can we go there and have the results from them? Typed and on their letterhead with all of the appropriate information (name, birthday, test type, test results, office name and location)?  Or does it have to be somewhere like CVS/Walgreens or a lab only. Has anyone boarded with test results from a doctor’s office?

5 minutes ago, GlassSlipper said:

Our doctor’s office offers rapid testing, so can we go there and have the results from them? Typed and on their letterhead with all of the appropriate information (name, birthday, test type, test results, office name and location)?  Or does it have to be somewhere like CVS/Walgreens or a lab only. Has anyone boarded with test results from a doctor’s office?

Your doctor's office may have (or subscribe) to an APP that provides an OCR vaccination and test result  display.  Also check for that.  If you test at CVS/Walgreens, they have APPs that keep a record of your test result (as well as vaccination status if they've vaccinated you).  You can also print it out from either source.

10 hours ago, fireclan said:

Doesn't the testing facility need to be CLIA certified according to RC? Your doctor's office may perform the test but I guess you would need to check if they're certified.

I would say no since we are able to use tests that are administered at home.  I highly doubt there is much certification happening there.

• 3 weeks later...