Suggestions for what to do after disembarkation?

jbrinkm

We have a later flight on the day of our cruise (both disembarkation and flight in Ft. Lauderdale) and are trying to think of something to do for the day. Any suggestions?

We have 2 teens and we will have our big suitcases with us. We could be happy just hanging out at a hotel, if anyone has a suggestion for a day hotel with a pool. Or a fun tour, if there's something that would allow for luggage storage. We just don't want to sit around the airport for hours & hours waiting for our flight.

Several years ago, we did a disembarkation excursion on Royal for a Hop on/Hop off tour of Miami. 

They took our bags at the cruise terminal and we reunited with them at the airport later in the afternoon.  It was a fun and easy way to see multiple neighborhoods in Miami.

16 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

We have a later flight on the day of our cruise (both disembarkation and flight in Ft. Lauderdale) and are trying to think of something to do for the day. Any suggestions?

We have 2 teens and we will have our big suitcases with us. We could be happy just hanging out at a hotel, if anyone has a suggestion for a day hotel with a pool. Or a fun tour, if there's something that would allow for luggage storage. We just don't want to sit around the airport for hours & hours waiting for our flight.

Marriott Harbor beach offers day passes to their beach club. If you are able to easily wheel your luggage just take an Uber to Las Olas Blvd and have a nice lunch then head to the airport. Every weekend I see many people wheeling luggage both along A1A on the beach and down Las Olas so you will certainly not be out of place. We are cruise friendly here on Fort Lauderdale! If you have any questions let me know as I am a lifelong local here in Fort Lauderdale. 

On 1/27/2022 at 5:22 PM, tonyfsu21 said:

Marriott Harbor beach offers day passes to their beach club. If you are able to easily wheel your luggage just take an Uber to Las Olas Blvd and have a nice lunch then head to the airport. Every weekend I see many people wheeling luggage both along A1A on the beach and down Las Olas so you will certainly not be out of place. We are cruise friendly here on Fort Lauderdale! If you have any questions let me know as I am a lifelong local here in Fort Lauderdale. 

Any suggestions on where to stay for the night before my cruise?  Not going until September but wouldn’t mind booking a room now to hopefully grab a decent price.  We don’t need a top end hotel but one near a few restaurants would be nice and also not too far from the port.  Oh…and I will be looking to purchase wine to bring onboard, so walking distance to a liquor store?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Oh…and I will be looking to purchase wine to bring onboard, so walking distance to a liquor store?

Publix Super Market at the Harbor Shops..if you put that into Google Maps there a ton of hotels within walking distance. You can buy wine at the Publix or there's a Total Wine in the same strip mall. Several restaurants right in that area too..including the infamous LaBamba that @Lovetocruise2002 adores.

40 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

I WISH I was staying on a cruise ship long enough for this to become habit, but alas, we only have 6 nights...

This happens to me on every cruise, regardless of the duration. My wife briefs me at every meal, "don't get used to this. We have to pay when we get off the ship". But, selective hearing kicks in and I still forget once off the ship.😎

On 1/29/2022 at 8:28 AM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Any suggestions on where to stay for the night before my cruise?  Not going until September but wouldn’t mind booking a room now to hopefully grab a decent price.  We don’t need a top end hotel but one near a few restaurants would be nice and also not too far from the port.  Oh…and I will be looking to purchase wine to bring onboard, so walking distance to a liquor store?

Thanks!

You have several options for all budgets on 17th street. Based on your requirements I would say embassy suites would work well because it’s adjacent to the harbor shops where you will find your wine. You can also walk to several restaurants in very close proximity. Check out Boatyard, Southport Raw bar, Kelly’s Landing, La Bamba to name a few.