Eastern Carribean and Perfect Day rerouting options

mamie

Hello,

I was wondering for those who have cruised recently on the Eastern Carribean Itinerary where did they reroute you? I know other people were rerouted to various ports in Mexico but that is usually the Western Carribean Itinerary. 

I'm set to cruise March 5, 2022 on Symphony of the Seas. We are supposed to port in Labadee,Haiti, San Juan, Juan Puerto Rico, St.Thomas, and Perfect Day. As of now it seems Perfect Day is the only guaranteed port. I hear St. Thomas and Puerto Rico are not allowing the ships to dock and Labadee is still unknown. I know everything is fluid because of circumstances but just trying to get an idea. 

41 minutes ago, mamie said:

Hello,

I was wondering for those who have cruised recently on the Eastern Carribean Itinerary where did they reroute you? I know other people were rerouted to various ports in Mexico but that is usually the Western Carribean Itinerary. 

I'm set to cruise March 5, 2022 on Symphony of the Seas. We are supposed to port in Labadee,Haiti, San Juan, Juan Puerto Rico, St.Thomas, and Perfect Day. As of now it seems Perfect Day is the only guaranteed port. I hear St. Thomas and Puerto Rico are not allowing the ships to dock and Labadee is still unknown. I know everything is fluid because of circumstances but just trying to get an idea. 

Labadee is supposedly happening now or soon, so that should hopefully work for you in March.  San Juan may relax those restrictions, as they were given timelines each time the rule was made, and the rule was made with the latest surge, which may subside some more by then.  

Good news is that another option could be St Maarten.  It is certainly large enough to handle Symphony and at St Thomas you are right next door.  St. Kitts could be another but that would probably require bigger itinerary rework.  Nassau could also happen as well.  

We’re on the Anthem…Eastern Caribbean…docked in St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Thomas yesterday and St. Kitts today. Start our three-sea-day run back to New Jersey this evening. Apparently we’re going to swing more west than north and then come up the coast so we can avoid the huge storm getting ready to hit the northeast.

19 minutes ago, BrianB said:

We’re on the Anthem…Eastern Caribbean…docked in St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Thomas yesterday and St. Kitts today. Start our three-sea-day run back to New Jersey this evening. Apparently we’re going to swing more west than north and then come up the coast so we can avoid the huge storm getting ready to hit the northeast.

I've done that on Anthem.  Zero impact really.  

Enjoy your sea days.  

I'm on February 5 Symphony sailing, Eastern Caribbean with the same itinerary as the OP. Original itinerary was Labadee, San Juan, St. Thomas, CocoCay. RCCL has confirmed our new itinerary is Labadee!!!, Cruising, St. Thomas, CocoCay. I half expect our St. Thomas to become St. Maarten if our Covid % is too high.

It seems Royal is visiting more ports now because they have those ‘relaxation ships’ positioned in the area where they can offload crew members who are in quarantine. Not only those who are infected and their close contacts, but also newly arriving crew members must quarantine for ten days or two weeks before beginning their duties. Here onboard the Anthem, even Capt Sreko Ban had to quarantine in his cabin while Capt Toni remained in command. Capt Toni left us in St. Kitts yesterday to begin his trip home. By doing this, they are able to decrease the numbers onboard and the ports are allowing the ships in. During this cruise, at St. Maarten when the Rhapsody docked at the pier next to us, it looked like they used tenders to transfer crew back and forth…sending over the newly quarantined, and picking up those who have completed their’s. Yesterday in St. Kitts, the Jewel pulled in behind where we were docked, maintained her position, and used her tenders to make transfers. Then she pulled out of the harbor to her next rendezvous. This arrangement makes it more manageable for medical, and keeps the onboard quarantine areas free should passengers need them. And, of course, it lowers the percentage of quarantined onboard our ship which allows us to visit ports with restrictions…like St. Thomas…which was beautiful! Enjoy your cruise!

I received an email from RC yesterday (1/27/22) that our trip 2/19 on the Allure is being rerouted to Labadee due to construction at the Dom. Rep. port.  Unfortunately, they've also changed same itinerary to miss St. Kitts port and will be stopping at Nassau instead.  We are disappointed as the reason we chose our itinerary was because we wanted to try some different islands (e.g. St. Kitts).  We have been to Nassau several times, and the last time we went to Labadee we were not impressed.  Royal is not offering compensation, and will not allow us to rebook our cruise to an itinerary that has the islands we'd like to visit without charging us the price difference.  I feel the cost of our cruise was initially more because of the ports we signed up to visit.  😞