Menu changes at Giovanni's table?

bcarney

Has anyone read reports of new menus at Giovanni's table?  Here is the old menu on Royal's site (as of 11/2/16)

I booked the restaurant specifically for:
Fagottini di Vitella Ripieni ai Funghi Porcini, Provolone e Prosciutto Cotto, Salsa al Tartufo Nero
(Veal tenderloin parcels filled with porcini mushrooms, provolone cheese and ham, with sautéed asparagus, black truffle sauce and veal jus)

I'm not an Italian food guy, but that sounds fabulous.

Here are two pages from the menu from Liberty of the Seas this week, via CruiseCritic:

Literally nothing on the new menu looks appealing to me.  No chicken, no lamb, no fish... just pasta and Ossobuco and a steak.

Do you think this is a temporary menu change, or permanent?  I'll be sailing on Adventure in 17 days and have the restaurant booked, but if they're using this new menu I'll be cancelling, as this isn't worth the upcharge for me.

bc, which night are you booked ?

Since Chops is dead we went ahead and booked a Giovanni's reservation for the 4th night. Hoping to see some Chops favorites on the menu.

Edit: Just read the menus you linked to and if there aren't any Chops dishes that reservation will be cancelled on board :)

We booked for night 5.  I'm assuming the menus on Adventure will be different due to the inclusion of "Chops refugees", so I'm going to wait until we're onboard to check out the menus.

Hmmm.. I've never tried the old or new menu but hoping the new one is offered on my Brilliance cruise next week! Will be eating there on Sunday.

If you could take photos of the menu and post it here (or email them to me at bill /at/ my first name then my last name dot com) I'd greatly appreciate it.

If you could take photos of the menu and post it here (or email them to me at bill /at/ my first name then my last name dot com) I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'll make sure to take pictures from each of the specialty restaurants I'm going to on Brilliance and making a post. :) (Chef's Table, Giovanni's Table, Chops, and Izumi)

A change of menu is of little concern to me...since I always have my server and staff surprise me at every meal.   They always know to bring out the BEST from the kitchen.  

Interesting approach Stoneman -- do you only do this for specialty rooms, or MDR as well? Do you just say "surprise me" everytime? That's kind of bad-ass.

D

Interesting approach Stoneman -- do you only do this for specialty rooms, or MDR as well? Do you just say "surprise me" everytime? That's kind of bad-ass.

D

I have always done this.....even at "land" restaurants.  Love to see their reactions when I tell them they can't ask me any questions.  Servers know what is selling...what is not selling.    Friends have said they will bring you the most expensive thing on the menu....but that has never happened.   They know if they bring good food and they will get a good tip.  

• 2 weeks later...