Royal changes stateroom location - Symphony

DMarie

I got an email from Royal Caribbean today that states, their sailing for Jan 29th in Symphony out of Miami.

Email says that, we have a quick change to share with you. Started off light and fluffy till I heard the change.

It says, based on recent updates to our healthy to return service guidelines we have had to change how our guests are spaced out onboard to ensure proper distancing and your stateroom is no longer available. We are sorry for this last minute change but no need to worry. U will be relocated to a like-to-like stateroom. To help make up for this change you will be given $100 USD to spend onboard. When I called tonight I was told they were just given the information today and no rooms have yet been changed on current reservations as of yet,  however they are expected to be made in 5-7 days. They have no other information at this time. They are no longer taking reservations for this cruise and no changes (upgrades) to the rooms can be made at this time. However, when u get your new room u can possibly make changes at that time. 
What a mess they have figuring it all out. I think more people will be canceling because of this. 

Edited by SpeedNoodles
changed title from name to actual subject of post

• SpeedNoodles changed the title to Royal changes stateroom location - Symphony
1 hour ago, DMarie said:

What a mess they have figuring it all out. I think more people will be canceling because of this.

Why would people cancel if getting a like to like stateroom? Maybe if they were getting downgraded 

I would like to get this email. Getting the same stateroom and $100USD on-board credit? Yes please.

This also likely means a limited capacity sailing which I would also be happy to hear!

9 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

Why would people cancel if getting a like to like stateroom? Maybe if they were getting downgraded

I could maybe understand considering cancellation if the room was in a location that really inconveniences the cruiser. Like maybe someone got a room closer to the elevators cuz they can't walk far and they get moved all the way to the front or back. Or like being dropped/ raised several decks? Still...I could only see considering canceling...not actually going through with it for a like-for-like room....