CocoCay wave jet reservation issue

sgermany

I booked five cabins to take my children and grandchildren on a New Years cruise. Unfortunately, one teen can't go now due to a recently diagnosed health problem.  I booked and paid for three wave jets when I booked the cruise. I was going to have three drivers and three riders. Now that this young man can't go, I'm trying to get my granddaughter changed to a driver instead of a rider, but nobody at RC seems to be able to do that. They all say his reservation has to be cancelled and then they will try to schedule my granddaughter as a driver instead of a rider. However, it can't be guaranteed that she would be added, because the excursion is sold out. I don't understand why they can't just transfer her name to the driver I have already paid for before we cancel his reservation.  After 4.5 hours of hold time, speaking with several representatives, being told to call other numbers, including the Crown and Anchor Society, and emailing ShoreX to get their automated responses, I don't know what to do.  Any suggestions?  I'm supposed to pay the balance for our cruise today. This is so frustrating!

I agree with @SpeedNoodles, there's no real sense in jeopardizing an entire vacation over one of the wave jets you've reserved.

If you are unable to resolve this online or over the phone before the cruise, you can probably get the issue resolved onboard at the Shore Excursions desk. (Maybe even Guest Services?)

4 minutes ago, SPS said:

If you are unable to resolve this online or over the phone before the cruise, you can probably get the issue resolved onboard at the Shore Excursions desk. 

I agree - they are probably in a good position to deal with it once you get on board.  I'm not sure I'd even try to deal with it ahead of time and risk it being mucked up even further.

Okay, I understand what you're saying.  If I cancel his reservation, then the wave ski is most likely gone and I have to tell one of the grandchildren that she can't ride or cancel all of the wave skis and tell them all they can't ride. This is what they were looking forward to the most on the island.  It is just totally ridiculous that RC has no ability to go into their own computer system and change a name when it is already paid for!  *sigh*  Thank you for the input.

Unfortunately the shore excursions are tied to a particular person and a booking. If you cancel that booking, the excursion will be automatically canceled as well.

My advice would be to go into the cruise planner and cancel the excursion for him. Hopefully that will free up a spot and make it no longer sold out. Then you would need to cancel your granddaughter as a passenger and then buy her a spot as a driver.

You may be able to see if they can do it on the phone to time everything correctly, but honestly the phone reps can't do much more than we can do from the website ourselves.

If that actually works, be prepared for the next surprise when it comes to cruise planner purchases -- refunds take 7 to 10 business days. But never fear, the repurchase for your granddaughter's spot will charge immediately. 🙄

22 hours ago, sgermany said:

Yes, that is what I was told.  They said I would be taking a chance of someone else grabbing the spot on the excursion, because they wouldn't know how long it would take for it to pop up as available.  Thanks.

I had the same issue with the WaveJet at CocoCay.  A party of ten people booked an entire time slot making that time slot "sold out".  During the Black Friday sale, the price for the WaveJet dropped almost 50%.  I called the Cruise Planner number and asked if they could apply the new price without it affecting the reservation.  They said that the system only allows them to cancel the reservation and there would be no guarantee that time slot we booked the original reservation for would be available to rebook at the lower price.  I would think they would be able to hold the spot while cancelling and rebooking but apparently they can't.  So we left it alone and was not able to take advantage of the sale price.  

It is fixed.  I decided if we didn't get it when the rep was trying to change it over, then the others would have to find something else to do too, because I wasn't going to have one grandchild standing there watching the other grandchildren take off on the Jet Ski's. I was very nervous as I saw it pop up as one spot available, but the rep quickly grabbed it and rebooked for my granddaughter and at the black Friday sale price!  I greatly appreciate the young lady that finally got it fixed for me.  Thank you!  I'm sure tired and could use a vacation after all this. 🚢 🏝️ 😎